Education: Grounding And ShieldingHello fellow empaths. Well, I am noticing a commonality amongst us lately. People seem to be very overwhelmed by incoming energies to the point of illness. We do not have to live like this. We can't survive like this.
Because we are who we are and are bombarded with incoming information all the time, a gift and a curse, we need to protect ourselves from this. It's important that we stay healthy. We need to eat right, sleep right, work right... Everything must be in place for us to live healthy happy lives.
But, what I have found, is some of us do not know how to ground and shield. This is as important as eating and sleeping. We must do it as we do not want internal combustion...
So! I wanted to put a post out here to tell others how I do this. This is not the only way, but this method was taught to me and I use it multiple times a day. It keeps me healthy, protected and sane... well most of the time :) So here are the steps on what I do. It's easy.
1. Plant your feet on the ground. Make sure you are comfortable and not wobbly. Get your balance. (You can do this sitting as well, just make sure your feet are on the ground or floor. You can pull energy through things as well (i.e. wood, carpet such as your living room floor))
2. Close those pretty little eyes. Feel the ground under your feet. Notice what they feel like. Move up your body and just notice how it feels. Do you hurt anywhere? Are you tense? Relaxed? Listen to your surroundings. (This gets you out of your head, plus connecting with your surroundings is important).
3. Inhale. As you inhale pull energy from the earth below you. Feel it move up your feet, into your legs. Breathe as deeply as you can. Then exhale all the negativity and anxiety out of from you. Push it out. Continue to do this for 5 breaths. Each time bringing that energy to every body part. I like to go from my feet, legs, pelvis, chest, arms, head, down my back, and to my feet again. I concentrate that every part of me has the earths energy flowing through me.
4. Breaths 5-10. As you are pushing the negativity and anxiety out of you, you should notice it lessening. This is generally around breath 5 for me, it will vary with each of us (but this is how I do it). The clean earthly energy I am exhaling is now going to work for me on the outside. I picture a bubble of light (my aura) around me. As I inhale I bring more energy from the ground, and as I exhale I picture in my head, this bubble becoming strong and safe. I picture myself smoothing and refining it, feeling for any weak spots in it.
5. At breath 10, I bring it in close to me, contouring my body. A suit of armor, I like to call it. :)
6. Open your eyes. You should feel calmer and protected. Caution.... If you are not used to doing deep breathing exercises, it can make you light headed as there is increased amounts of oxygen. This is very helpful with those who have anxiety (I do). Deep breathing increases oxygen and decreases carbon dioxide in our body. It decreases are our heart rate and blood pressure, calms the mind and is a natural anti-anxiety measure.
Well, there you have it. As I said, this works for me. I don't like to feel anxiety and panic from those like us, well anyone really, but in this particular case, us. I want to help where I can. If anyone else would like to post tricks they have learned, please feel free. This is an educational post. If anyone would like help, ask away. :)
Peace and well wishes everyone.