To Jim – Thanks For Your Insights
This reminded me of this move of Peter sellers
He offers simplistic responses to the most difficult questions, such as:
First comes spring and summer, but then we have fall and winter. And then we get spring and summer again.
Some of the amusing remarks he makes, almost Yogi Berra-isms, hint that he might actually be insightful:
- On looking out a car window: "This is just like television, only you can see much further."
- On planting seeds: "Spring is the time for planting."
- On economics (actually on gardening): "In a garden, growth has its season...as long as the roots are not severed, all is well, and all will be well in the garden."
- On watching TV (his most famous line, misinterpreted by Eve as an invitation to sexually stimulate herself while he watches her): "I like to watch (TV)."
- On death: "I've seen this before. It happens to old people."
beopendoor 56-60, F 3 Sep 20, 2012