21 Reasons Why Jesus Cannot Be God, The Father, Jehovah."God is not a God of confusion" we read at 1 Corinthians 14:33. As such, determining who the one true God is should be simple. Thankfully, all we need to do is look in the Bible for the correct answer -
1. Jesus was Jehovah God's very first creation - Proverbs 8:22-31; Colossians 1:15-17; Revelation 3:14
2. At John 20:17 Jesus said to Mary Magdalene: "I am ascending  to my God and your God." (RS, Catholic edition) (Bracket mine)
3. "Blessed be the God  of our Lord Jesus Christ." - 2 Corinthians 1:3 (Bracket mine)
4. "O my God, my Holy One, you do not die." - Habakkuk 1:12
5. "God  resurrected [Jesus]." (Acts 2:24) (Brackets mine)
6. "The revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave him." (Revelation 1:1, RS, Catholic edition)
7. "God exalted this one [Jesus] to his right hand." (Acts 5:31) (Bracket mine)
8. "God exalted him [Jesus] to a superior position." (Philippians 2:9) (Bracket mine)
9. “Christ  entered heaven itself, so that he could appear in the actual presence of God." (Hebrews 9:24, JB) (Bracket mine)
10. “[Stephen] gazed into heaven and caught sight  of Jesus standing at God's right hand." (Acts 7:55) (Brackets mine)
11. "You [Jesus] loved righteousness, and you hated lawlessness. That is why God, your God, anointed you with [the] oil of exultation more than your partners." - Hebrews 1:9 (Brackets mine)
12. "After that will come the end, when he [Jesus in heaven – Michael the Archangel] will hand over the kingdom to God  Then the Son himself will be subjected to the One who has subjected everything to him, so that God may be all in all."—1 Corinthians 15:24, 28, NJB. (Brackets mine)
13. "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ." - Ephesians 1:3
14. “No man has seen God at any time; the only-begotten god who is in the bosom [position] with the Father is the one that has explained him.” - John 1:18
15. Jesus himself taught that no "man has seen the Father" - John 6:46.
16. "The head of the Christ is God" in the same way that "the head of every man is the Christ." (1 Corinthians 11:3)
17. Jesus said, "The Father is greater than I."—John 14:28, RS, Catholic edition.
18. "If by one man’s trespass many died, the undeserved kindness of God and his free gift with the undeserved kindness by the one MAN Jesus Christ abounded much more to many." - Romans 5:15 (Emphasis mine.)
19. "For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, a MAN, Christ Jesus." - 1 Timothy 2:5 (Emphasis mine.)
20. “In reply Jesus said to [Satan]: “It is written, ‘It is Jehovah your God you must worship, and it is to him alone you must render sacred service.’”” - Luke 4:8 (Bracket mine)
20.1. “Jehovah your God you should fear, and him you should serve.” - Deuteronomy 6:13
21. Jesus taught, “‘You must love Jehovah your God with your whole heart and with your whole soul and with your whole mind.’” - Matthew 22:37
21.1. “You must love Jehovah your God with all your heart and all your soul and all your vital force.” - Deuteronomy 6:5
What can we conclude from everything the Bible teaches? That Jesus never claimed to be God. Everything he said about himself indicates that he did not consider himself equal to God in any way—not in power, not in knowledge, not in age. In every period of his existence, whether in heaven or on earth, his speech and conduct reflect subordination to God. God is always the superior, Jesus the lesser one who was created by God.
Time and again, Jesus showed that he was a creature separate from God and that he, Jesus, had a God above him, a God whom he worshiped, a God whom he called "Father." In prayer to God, that is, the Father, Jesus said, "You, the only true God." (John 17:3) At John 20:17 he said to Mary Magdalene: "I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God." (RS, Catholic edition) At 2 Corinthians 1:3 the apostle Paul confirms this relationship: "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ." Since Jesus had a God, his Father, he could not at the same time be that God.
maxximiliann 36-40, M 4 Responses 1 May 6, 2012