So Your Dating A Married Man...me Too
I've always seemed to get involved with Married men. Ever since I was 19. I got out of a 3 year non-married man relationship and now find myself dating another married man.
Its interesting...I usually don't find them...they usually find me.....
I think the biggest thing about dating a married man is understanding exactly what is going on. You have to be slightly hard hearted to successfully date someone who is married.
You have to set ground rules immediately. Here is my list:
1. No talking about the wife once its established that you are in fact married. I don't want to know about how the other day she was driving you crazy. I don't want to know how she is frigid in bed. Details I don't want or need to know.
2. Communication is necessary. I always say upfront that there will inevitably come a point where one or the other of us wants things to end. That is fine lets just make sure we are all clear about it.
3. Don't tell me you love me. I don't want to hear that. You love your wife. I'm okay with that.
4. Don't tell me you will leave your wife for me. You won't. If you decide at some point to leave her that's your choice. Don't tell me anything about it until you've actually filed for divorce. And even so I may not want to be that serious with you so don't leave her for me.
5. I will see other people. This is a dead end. You can not be so greedy and expect me to see only you. I'm sharing you. You have to put up with sharing me.
I have found that if I can follow the above rules dating a married man has many advantages. I don't have to answer to him. The sex is typically AMAZING. I can walk away with no harm no foul at any time I choose. I have a back up while looking for someone I want to be serious about.
So hats off to all the OW out there.