Wanting To Separate From My Hunsband

My husband and I have been having difficulties for a while now, although he doesn't acknowledge it! I'm lucky in that he hasn't had affairs or been violent, but i'm sick of feeling like I'm on my own unless it's something he is interested in! He lies about things, then trips himself up when he tells someone else the same story with different details, like where he's been, money he's spending etc. I want to separate but we have 2 children 2 & 4 yrs old and he is adamant that as I am the one who wants to end things that I forfeit my right to have my children? Surely this isn't true? Also he thinks that he should get to stay in our council house because it's his name on the tenancy not mine and again because I'm the one that wants to split up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance.
An Ep User An EP User
2 Responses Jan 18, 2013

Ive been with the same man for 22 years. Ive been in serious depression for the last 8 years because he would rayher drink beer after work with his buddies. Everything out of his mouth is a lie. I dont even quetion things anymore. I finally went to a psych doctor and was pur on different medicines 2 months ago and the fog has lifted. Screw this!!!!! I asked out and asked him to move out but I think its going get pretty bad around here. Im also not working but I do have enough money coming in to support myself and my 14 year old. I could use someone to compare the marriage orror stories if your interested. I just want a friend that dosent know us as a couple ya know?

I just recently separated with my husband, its my name on the deed and he is still entitled to half. I was told my a lawyer that there was almost nothing I could do if he wanted to stay. As far as the kids, if you get up and leave the kids, they you would have a hard time, just because you want to leave your husband doesn't mean you have no rights to your children. I think my husband stayed out of convenience most of the time, I took care of everything so it was easier for him to stay. I'm in Canada so the laws may be different.