Hey, I was wondering why my life has felt like I was in a tidal wave, why I was feeling for the first time high blood pressure, why my belly fat is bigger and why I continue to JONES for a cigarette. A homeless man told ME last night he was worried about me. My siblings take turns calling me to see if I am OK. Mostly, I am.
I remembered some score sheet or scale you can use to measure your stress. I searched the web and finally found it - The Social Readjustment Rating Scale. Here is what your score means:
- Score of 300+: At risk of illness.
- Score of 150-299+: Risk of illness is moderate (reduced by 30% from the above risk).
- Score 150-: Only have a slight risk of illness.
Here is the link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_Readjustment_Rating_Scale
I made a spreadsheet, counted a few items twice, and closed my eyes when I hit the total button......
I love winning but not necessarily this one. Someone else want to try to beat that?
How stressed are you? What is your score? What will you do today about it?
What three things could I do right now to chill out....
- Push away from the computer for a few hours
- Go for a walk
- Call my mom and say hi....
Sounds like a plan.