Can It Get Any Worse?

1) Started off by forgetting my phone and badge at the house. I didn't realize it until I got out of the car in the parking lot. I then had to drive back home, accept the ridicule from my wife, and drive back making me one hour late for work.

2) Started up my computer at work only to find that the Microsoft Office products no longer worked. We're on a network, so I tried to do a repair from our applications server. Nothing happened.

3) Called the help desk (located in India of course) seeking assistance. The nice lady directed me to log onto our web chat service so that she could take over control of my laptop remotely. That didn't work either.

4) After an hour of trying several things, I had to leave for a meeting. The support lady said she would call back in a couple of hours to resume where we left off. 3 1/2 hours later, during lunch she calls and leaves a voice mail. Well, I had to go to a different plant at that time, so I figured I would have to resume tomorrow.

5) Got to the other plant only to discover that the person I went there to meet had not arrived. Knowing this persons habits, I went to the shop to prepare the equipment we were going to work on.

6) After test fitting the parts, I discovered that the holes were drilled in the wrong places. After the guy showed up and I told him about the parts, He opened his computer and showed me how well the fit in his model. I told him I didn't give a woopty **** about his model and told him to look at the parts.

7) He agreed that they didn't fit like he expected and removed the surrounding parts to be cut up so that his parts would fit. My experience says that if the designed part wasn't designed correctly, it should be modified, not the surrounding pieces. No avail. He has the authority to make the changes. I don't.

8) After explaining the changes that needed to be made, he told me he didn't have time to run them over to the shop until tomorrow afternoon. That would be too late seeing how we were already behind schedule and would miss the production run if we waited any longer.

9) That's when I was given the parts to take back to the main facility to be modified.

10) Seeing how it was 3:30 in the afternoon, and the machinists leave at four, my 45 minute drive would not get me there in time to hand over the parts today. So I took them home to bring in with me first thing in the morning at 7.

I'm now at home waiting for lightning to strike and burn down my house as a sever thunderstorm is approaching. Wish me luck!
48feeln16 48feeln16
46-50, M
2 Responses Jul 26, 2010

Yeah, you know how things go, it's the domino effect. Then you pick them back up and keep going.<br />
<br />
Actually, the rest of the week was pretty darn good.

Wow--that was one heckuva of a day you had--hope the following day was better for you.