Following a motor vehicle accident in Rock Springs, Wyoming, I had a very bad experience at Memorial Hospital of Sweetwater County.
- being on a back board for over 4 hours
- taking over an hour to get an ID bracelet
- 2 hours for x-rays because I lacked an ID bracelet
- doctor saw me for less than 5 minutes total and charged over $500, $67 of it to measure blood oxygen level
- doctor did not talk to me after x-ray and cat scan results
- I was handed a stack of papers telling me what the test results were
- doctor misspelled my last name on the prescription for pain medication
- had a nurse come in to give me a pain shot stating I had asked for one when I had not - did not check my ID bracelet
- the x-rays techs released my legs from the back board before determining if there was damage done to my spine
- medical imaging tech starting telling me about an MRI scheduled for the next day without checking my ID bracelet
- Discharge nurse and imaging tech compared notes and had to check with the doctor, I WAS NOT THE PERSON HAVING THE MRI THE NEXT DAY
- Discharge nurse allowed me to walk out of the hospital because a wheelchair would take too long
If you are ever treated at this hospital due to an emergency, I strongly recommend that you visit your personal doctor as soon as possible.