Anyone Having Trouble Staying In This Time And Dimension:If you're tripping right now, skip to the bottom of the page.
Weed makes me feel like that too. It's okay, it's all totally explainable, scientific and rational. Weed is linked to short term memory loss, and that's all we experience here: really severe short term memory loss. Basically, the inability to recall something we feel we should know makes us uncomfortable, and then the stress response aggravates the short term memory loss, creating what I like to call "the fear spiral." It's really ******. If you're suffering from residual panic attacks, here's how to fix it:
1. Watch something funny! Laughter is a great de-stressing tool.
2. Breath deeply from your diaphragm. This physical action releases chemical signals in your body that make you calm and happy.
3. Go to a place you feel safe, with people around that care about and understand you. The familiar settings and loving reassurance from friends and family will help you feel calm.
4. Engage in any additional activities that happen to calm you, like bubble baths, drinking some hot tea, or listening to music you enjoy.
5. Should the relaxation tactics not prove affective, it's time to occupy your brain instead! Work on a challenging puzzle, or do something that requires your rapt attention. The trick here is to keep your brain busy and not give it any extra room to worry and try to mess with you. It can be a physical or mentally challenging activity, just do what works for you!
Now, here's what you need to know if you're tripping right now:
You're are safe. Your family and friends love you. You are in a safe physical location. You are not alone. I've experienced this exact situation, and I am fine now. You can get past it. You are strong. You are capable. You know who you are. Everything is okay. You will start to feel better very soon. Do not worry. Many many people care about you. I care about you, and I don't even know you. You are loved, and you are safe.
Reread the above paragraph for as long as you want to.