I won't go through all the phases I've had with my gallbladder, but I did realize it had a problem in February. It took about another month to get in for tesst and go through several idiot Drs who knew less abaout it than I. (I'm a determined reader of medical articles and research on every problem I have). Finally they admitted I have many stones. Yesterday I finally saw a Dr who seems very intelligent and experienced, and I almost hugged him in joy. He cancelled the surgery they had pushed forward to three months away, and now is going to do it next week since I have constant pain and am afraid of a rupture and/or infection.
So I will see him again tomorrow and get some test results,but I have other questions some of you may answer even better, since he's a busy surgeon and doesn't give me a lot of time. If you know the answer to any of these questions, please write back:
1. Since I had laporoscopic surgery (major) already two years ago in my stomach, and there were 5 incisions for that surgery, will they likely do my gallbladder with an open surgery?
2. If I get laporoscopic surgery, how long will the surgery last?
3. Wil I be put on a special diet? Liquids? I know it will be no fat, but it's very hard to avoid it when you eat out!
4. How soon can I go swimming?
5. Have you experienced problems with diarrhea after the surgery? DId you get meds for it? When/How do you deal with that?