This is one big irony:
1. The US makes international agreements with Mexico and other Latin Americans contries to trade farming products freely through the borders.
2. Big American corn companies and farming industries start getting a lot of goverment subsidies.
3. Mexican farmers can't compete with US product prices (thanks to subsidies) and millions of workers loose their jobs.
4. Big American companies realize that illigal workers are much cheaper since they have no rights, and they can pay them much less than American workers. They start agressively recruting illigal worker in Mexico using radio and print ads offering them $11 dollars an hour.
5. Millions of Americans loose their safe jobs with decent salaries to illigal immigrants, thanks to companies that used their tax money to become highly profitable while firing them.
6. To gain ratings, Conservative media start pounding the idea that illigal immigrants are dameging American society, to the same people that lost their jobs to illigal immigrants.
AND THE SOLUTION:
To crackdown on Mexicans that risked their lives to come to the US to earn $11 dollars without any benefits or rights while facing discrimination and xenophobia. Meanwhile big American farming companies gets billions out of the process. Way to go!!!