I've Found Something That Is Really Healing My Feet!!!I have had this problem for years (on the soles of feet) since going through a very traumatic period of my life about 10 years ago. I think it started as a result of this period of extreme stress, depression and anxiety I went through. It's been better and worse at times.....on an off over the years and sometimes it just seems to have a life of it's own....I don't want to do it, but can't stop it!
Anyway....After reading tons of other people's ideas....I've recently come up with a routine that is really making a huge difference and very quickly too! I'm trying to mentally transfer my addiction to picking into an addiction to healing my feet, by doing the procedure as follows below. ( I just started this 3 days ago, and already my feet look and feel almost like new. I am doing this treatment once in the morning before dressing, and once at night before bed. So excited to say the results are quite miraculous and I hope this will help some of you sufferers out there:
What you need: 1. Bowl or tub big enough to put both feet in
2. Baking Soda
3. Neosporin with Pain Reliever
4. Latex Free Bandaids
5. Wash Cloth and Towel
5. Ped Egg Callus Scraper
6. Saran Wrap
7. Well fitting sport type socks
10. Orange County Candle Company Body Butter with Botanicals (I order this on line - about $18 a tub and well with it....it goes a long way and really has a beneficial moisturizing effect on seriously dry, damaged skin). There are 4 or 5 fragrances to choose from. I love the Pink Sugar, but they have floral and fruit scents for everyone's tastes I think.
1. First fill up the bowl with very hot water (as hot as you can stand putting your feet in) and add 1/2 cup of Baking Soda.
2. Soak feet for 15-20 minutes, adding more hot water half way through, as it starts to cool down.
3. After soaking, take a wash cloth and vigorously scrub the bottom of your feet and in between toes, etc.
4. Dry feet well with a nice, clean towel
5. Use the Ped Egg to scrape all callused, rough areas until they feel smooth as smooth as possible.
6. If you have any painful cracks, put Neosporin with Pain Relief into them, and place a Latex Free bandaid over the crack.
7. Massage a generous amount of the Body Butter into the soles of your feet....(I usually rub in a small amount first, and then when it's absorbed, I lay on a nice thick la
8. Wrap feet snugly in plenty of Plastic Wrap to seal in the moisturizer
9. Put on socks
I do this in the a.m. and then put on sneakers for the day. In the afternoon, I check on them....sometimes the Plastic Wrap has shifted or torn open. So I usually add more Body Butter and put on a fresh wrap of Platic Wrap. I do it again about an hour before going to bed. This has really made a HUGE difference in the appearance and feel of my feet and I'm finding as my feet become smooth and soft I don't have any urge to pick at them! I am so happy, because I feel like until this problem is resolved I just can't successfully go forward in my life.
seejanerun1286 61-65, F 2 Nov 19, 2011