I Have One TooI keep thinking of more things, but haven't written my list. So here goes, I'll add to it, as I think and dream and wish:
- I have to live back at the sea - as soon as possible, I hunger and yearn for it as a mother for her child. She soothes, and caresses me and lifts my spirit high. Her power and beauty remind me of who I am in God's eyes. The things she brings to shore are gifts or tossed aside, and I love to sift through them , and sometimes take them inside. Her colours and moods and seasons are fascinating and speak to me, of mine, and how to deal with them, and also be cool, and calm and at peace.
- I want to go to New Orleans, and go crazy at Mardi Gras, and throw beads, and collect them on Fat Tuesday. I want to dance and sing with the parades. I will gorge myself at the fabulous restaurants. I 'll revel in exploring the French Quarter and the cemeteries Thrill at the architecture, hovercraft on the bayous and compare the alligators to our crocs. Best of all, I want to meet the people.
- I'd love to see the Rocky Mountains and glory in their immensity and grandeur. Maybe take a ride in a canoe on a mighty river. I'd love to camp out and see animals so different to our own, and feel the open-spaces where God is to be found.
- I long to visit Europe especially Tuscany and Provence for a walking, eating and drinking holiday. I love museums, and would love to roam around checking out their exhibits, and do the same at the art galleries. I want to drink coffee and eat cake at outdoor cafes, and people-watch. I want to visit the old cities, and villages and see the gorgeous architecture.
I want to go to the United Kingdom and visit the friends and family scattered around. I want to stroke a long-haired Scottish cow, and look for Nellie. I want to roll in the heather, and hear the bagpipes blowing in the early morning. I want to buy a kilt in my family colours and wear it with pride. I want to visit the coastal towns of such fabulous beauty, and the old cities of stone.
I want to drive around the winding lanes of the English countryside and explore the quaint villages and markets and country stalls. See the latest Theatre and Dance shows and rub noses with the hoi-poloi. I want to visit the Wax museum, and the castles, and Buckingham Palace. I want to hear Big Ben and walk the halls of the great buildings, cathedrals and No 10! I want to see the Eye and Cutty Sark, and lunch in the posh places, and pub-crawl all night.
I want to go to Ireland, and find my grandfathers birth-place. I want to visit the family there. I want to kiss the Blarney Stone, find my pot-o-gold and dance with a Leprechaun. I want to see the emerald isle in all her splendour and watch her people dance. I want to see the splendour of Dublin and the simplicity of the villages, and laugh with the locals.
- I want to go walkabout in Australia, as I visit with family and bask in their love. I want to explore the Barrier Reef, and race a kangaroos. I want to see Australia Zoo and the weird and wonderful creatures that make Oz their home. I want to see parrots in their natural state, and Blue Gums in theirs too! I want to go to Ayres Rock and listen to stories from the Dreamtime, and watch the sky clothe herself in shining, glittering jewels at night. I want to go to Alice SPrings and be in the centre of it all, and out to the edges, N, S, E and W. I wanna barbie with old buds, and watch rugby from the other side. Hear the twang and the familiar voices blend and become one.
- I want to paraglide again, but this time, see what's out there.
- I want to walk more with ellies, and tell them I love them. I want to listen to them rumble and feel their soft breath. I want to look into those eyes with the wisdom of the ages in them. I want to honour them.
- I want to sit with the gorillas in the jungle and watch them watching us. I want to see how they live and learn from their example. I want to tell them we're trying to keep them safe.
- I want to swim with wild dolphins, and bask in their friendship. I want to dive and play, and hear them talk. I want to see them swim and dive and leap. I want to listen to their thought s, and tell them we understand. I want to thank them for their teachings and cooperation and selfless help.
- I want to watch another whale give birth and see as her baby draws his first breath, flying through the air, watched closely by an aunty. I want to see as mom turns to check, and gives him his first drink. I want to be close to them, smell the fishy breath. Swim under water to watch them in their element. I want to hear their songs.
- I want to see snow, and touch it and throw it and try to ski in it and then run from it to get warm before a giant fire, and look at the beauty and transformation outside.
- I want to see the Northern Lights and gaze in awe and wonder at a sight so precious and blessed, that only some get to see it.
- I want to read the great stories, and write more of my own. I want to explore the native tales and spiritual epics around the world. I'd love to visit with the elders of the ancient ones of the world, and see what they say are the answers to the wars.
- I want to go and visit the best Swiss and Belgian chocolate factories and buy up masses of their very, very best chocolate! And gorge my way around Europe on it!
- I want to visit the Vatican and see all the treasures, and wave at the guards and cardinals.
I want to see all the wildlife the world offers, in the wild, and free, and happy.
CatchCabby 56-60, F 23 Responses 4 Jun 16, 2010