Questions For Those With Pica
I have read some of these incredible, brave confessions and am truly inspired... but also fascinated and curious to know more of others and their thoughts/lives.
Please, if you would, take the time to indulge my interest in a few ultimately somewhat personal questions. Please feel free to respond to one or all, but any response would be greatly appreciated.
1) Many have expressed that their parents know about this eating... what did they have to say? Were they accepting? Likely, they were surprised, but was anyone admonished for their behavior? Has anyone had a family history of pica?
2) How much "regular" food do you eat? What are your favorites, and how much do you eat?
3) Does the eating come on in just spells, or is it taken like a daily meal? Does it feel normal to you, or are you embarrassed? Does it feel "wrong" or "right"? What are your thoughts about the eating?
4) Could anyone explain the anemia connection a bit more in-depth?
5) What kind of damage, if any, has this caused your teeth? Has anyone experienced gingival recession as well?
6) Please tell me a bit about yourself. Are you someone's mother, brother, sister, wife, etc.? How do they feel/deal with your eating? Does anyone have a friend or relative who eats along with them? Also..... Many of you have expressed a preference for clay or dirt residing outside or near your home, could you describe the landscape a bit and tell me what it's like there. Unfortunately, I have not done much traveling. I would love to get a sense for the people here and their lifestyles.
I may have a few more questions in the near future; if I remember, I'll be sure to post. Thank you all so incredibly much! <3