Post

Addicted To Eating Lemom Alka Seltzer

Is anyone else addicted to eating alka seltzer

Is it harmful, I eat 4 tables a day. I dont disolve them just eat them.

I have been eating them for 5 years
mother17 mother17 31-35, F 3 Responses Jan 21, 2013

Your Response

Cancel

I'm actually eating the citrus kind as I'm typing haha I don't really know when it started, but I remember when I had to take it I would always eat a little piece before dropping in the glass. Now I just eat little bites of it until it's gone. I just love it~

your not the only one. I also eat alkal seltzer. since last year. I don't believe it's to harmful. there is a lot of salt in it though. we are lacking some kind of iron in our bodies. I eat them like mints. hey, it could be worse, like eating or sniffing something toxic. xoxox

This is called an MSDS, the Material Safety Data Sheet. It has information on materials about their lethal doses and possible health concerns for unhealthy dosages.

http://www.scholarchemistry.com/msds/Alka_Seltzer_18.90.pdf

I am going to pull out the important bits for you.

CAUTION! Moderately toxic by ingestion. Possible allergen. Not for human consumption.
Target organs: kidneys. blood
This material is considered hazardous by the OSHA Hazard Communication Standard (29 CFR 1910.1200).

Ingestion: Call Poison Control immediately. Rinse mouth with cold water. Give victim 1-2 cups of water or milk to drink.
Induce vomiting immediately.

Ingestion: Irritation and burning sensations of mouth and throat, nausea, vomiting and abdominal pain.

In short, it's not the worst pica to have, but it's certainly not good for you.