The Mondays: 10 Random Thoughts For the Week of September 14, 2009 (sort Of...)
Why do I always feel like it is the most dramatic of all the days of the week. If Mondays could be personified in a character... I think they would be the over-the-top, bitter Queen. Always in need of making an entrance. Something we all hope to avoid, but never can and so instead we just hope to get through it as quick as possible.
This weekend it rained, which I love. So it was a great weekend to take to do stupid things that as a child you seem to do regularly... but as an adult you need a special excuse to follow through on. I made it a movie day and then went to a wine bar (which I liken to an adult version of daycare) and assembled a 1000 piece puzzle with some friends.
Just a quick side note... "District 9" was definitely the thinking man's Sci-Fi movie and I loved it. I also saw "9" which was pretty cool from the visual point of view but did have that stitched together story feel that sometimes happens when people just, well, try too hard. All in all, I was entertained so that made it worthwhile.
In regards to puzzles, I loved it when one of the group participating who is one of those friends of a friend (we all have them) asked me if I was concerned what people would think about us when they saw us doing a puzzle in the middle of the wine bar... my response without reservation: "They will think we are frikkin' cool. Who wouldn't." God bless people who still seem to care that much about whether or not other people think they are cool. It is amazing to me that some people never seem to outgrow "Saved by the Bell."
Well, since this weekend seemed to be filled with nines... I figure we will make this week's random thoughts to get you through the week 9 rather than 10. Just to be a bit different and keep you on your toes.
1. I store some people's numbers in my cell phone just so that I know not to answer it when they call. [Editor's Note: If you program their names with an "X" in the front, it really helps]
2. I hate when I just miss a call by the last ring... you know what I am talking about... but when I immediately call back it rings and rings until finally it goes to voicemail. What did you do after I didn't answer? Drop the phone and run away screaming?
3. There is no worse feeling than the millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far.
4. You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you've made up your mind that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
5. Why does Kanye West feel the need to try so hard to make all of us hate him?
6. When did deleting someone from your friend list on Facebook become the ultimate "F off"? "She did what? She deleted you from her friend list. Oh... that's cold! That's real cold."
7. There is great need for sarcasm font!
8. Cherry Coke is so much better at the movie theater. I don't know why, but its true!
9. Whenever someone says, "I'm not book smart, but I'm street smart." What I hear is: "I'm not real smart, but I'm imaginary smart."
Well folks... time to put my head down and make some things happen.
And with that... I'm off like a prom dress.