The Mondays: 10 Random Thoughts For the Week of September 28, 2009
As get our start out of the gates racing towards another Friday... yes, that's right, it is Monday again... I have to say this weekend was much less eventful.
It started off with a rather fantastic EP Meetup that EPArsineh planned at a local San Francisco institution. I had to exit - stage left a little early in due to a family semi-emergency. Although things were a bit critical, I think we all have that member in our family that over-reacts to situations. Yeah, well that is a bit of what my sister is like. As I had been drinking on Friday, I didn't have the good sense to put her concerns in context, but it was still good that I made my way down to San Diego to, well, just be there with the family.
Quick note... a happy person in a hospital for the most part just looks crazy. It is a weird thing... but if you see someone walking down the hall smiling ear to ear, your immediate thought is... whackadoo!
The highlight of the evening came Sunday night and was rather unexpected when I met some friends for one of their birthday's at San Francisco's Tonga Room -- a tiki bar with a lake inside, hourly rainstorms and a live band. It was seniors night so I spent the evening playing Steve Guttenburg to the cast of Cocoon and you know what? IT WAS AWESOME! A truly great way to end the weekend.
OK... time to get to this week's set of random thoughts:
1. I take back all those times when I was younger and I didn't want to take a nap.
2. Every time I have to spell out a word over the phone using "as in" examples, I totally draw a blank and sound like a complete moron. Last week I had to spell my boss's last name to a contact over the phone and said "Yes that's B as in --- [insert very pregnant pause] -- ummm... as in Breakfast Club." Let's just say you don't want to know what I came up for "J" and "Y."
3. I don't like dating because I absolutely hate small talk. What a waste of time.
4. I always seem to have a slight panic attack when I go to exit out of MS Word and it asks me if I want to save any changes to my rather important document that I swear I did not make any changes to at all.
5. When I was a kid I drank out of the hose, road in the back of a pickup truck and ate unrefined white sugar. I turned out fine. What happened?
6. One of the worst things at work is when you have totally zoned out in a meeting because you are completely uninterested in what is being discussed and prefer to make your grocery list in your head or think about your fantasy football picks and you just wrapping up your thought when your look across the conference table and you see the others staring back at you and someone says -- directly at you -- "What are your thoughts on that?"
7. Sometimes I will look down at my watch three times in a row and still not know what time it is.
8. I have always thought that it should probably be called "Unplanned" Parenthood.
9. The other day I was driving and I saw a banana peel sitting in the middle of the road -- instinct kicked in -- and I swerved. Thank you Mario Kart!
10. The other day my friend made me hold their baby. They were really excited by the prospect of allowing me to hold their little bundle of joy.... and all I could think was "How long do I have to hold this baby and pretend that I like babies?"
Alright... with that, we're off to the races.