The Mondays: 10 Random Thoughts For The Week Of October 12, 2009
So you may have noticed that I took a week off from The Mondays. Alas, I was not lucky enough to actual have taken the week off, but I thought we would take a little break. Sometimes absence makes... well, whatever, you know the saying.
This weekend was Blue Angels and Fleet Week in San Francisco. It was a bit foggy this weekend so on Saturday, the show ended up being canceled. Yes, this does suck for those people who came from outside the immediate San Francisco area to see the show, but man... on the evening news... the OUTRAGE! The continuous stream of complaints that they didn't post a Facebook update or tweet that the show was canceled and how were people supposed to know. Well, here's a suggestion... when you looked up in the sky and you saw that no plains were flying... did you not think... "Hmmm, perhaps the show is canceled." This is a bit like the girls in Australia that got trapped in the sewer -- still not sure what two grown women were doing in the sewer -- and they updated their Facebook status to explain that they were trapped in the sewer and to send help.
Really? You had strong enough cell reception but rather than calling, you know, emergency services yourself, you thought the best option was to update your Facebook status. Really? I mean, really? I can barely get a strong cell signal in my own home. What kind of network are you on ladies?
OK... well why wait? Let's dive into this week's random thoughts:
1. Have you ever had a moment when you realize that you thought you were friends with someone because you liked to hang out and drink together... then you realize that you may really be friends because no one else can stand hanging out with two drunk idiots?
2. Have you ever watched a movie that you originally watched when you were younger and then suddenly realize that you had no idea what was going on when I first saw it. This feeling is almost immediately followed by wondering if my parents were in their right minds allowing me to watch this in the first place. No wonder I have "issues."
3. I think part of a best friend's job -- and this goes double for EP friends - should be to immediately clear your computer history if you die.
4. How many times is it appropriate to say "What?" before you just nod and smile because you still didn't hear what someone said?
5. Nothing is more off putting in a relationship then when you accidently happen upon the other's "naughty / goodies" drawer.
6. On occasion, it really is OK to drink your feelings.
7. Does anyone really get into the shower first and THEN turn on the water?
8. I have a friend who just got a job as a middle school teacher. In her new hire orientation, part of the on-boarding process included a full course in her need to carry personal liability insurance as she would not be covered by the school and it would be in her own best interest if something was to "happen." WOW! We really need to rethink the war zones that have become our schools.
9. Is it just me or are pop stars getting crazier and crazier the older I get?
10. Don't you just wish that life came as many "do overs" as your childhood games did?
OK, chew on that for this week. ;)