I was diagnosed with Tachycardia last year at 36 years old. I had never had any heart problems before July 4th 2013. I have however suffered from anxiety and panic attacks since the age of 19. We had went on a family vacation and drove to Las Vegas. On our way there I had many energy drinks and didn't really sleep the first night because we were celebrating the 4th and I was pretty wound up on Redbulls. The next day when I tried sleeping I couldn't. I woke up in a full blown panic attack. I knew it had to do with lack of sleep and too much energy drinks. Well the next night the same thing happened and continued happening the next few days. I knew something was wrong because I have never had panic attacks so many days in a row. My panic attacks have always been sporadic. We continued our vacation in San Diego and although I had calmed down I was still feeling a lot of anxiety. I was feeling a slight pain on my left side of my chest. As soon as I got home from vacation I went to see my doctor. My doctor found a murmur and recommended a cardiologist. She also put me on Paxil for the anxiety. The Paxil made me feel worse on top of the heart pain and racing, I thought I was going to die any day of a heart attack. I fell into a deep depression for about 2 week. I couldn’t sleep, couldn’t eat, couldn’t get up to go to work. I went to the ER twice just for them to tell me it was nothing. I was certain death was knocking at my door. I finally got to see the cardiologist, he found of course a rapid heart rate and he had me stop taking the Paxil. I had an echocardiogram done and I passed with flying colors. My anxiety about dying started to fade and life started going back to normal. He put me on 25mg of Metropolol 2x’s a day. The beta blocker seemed to help me even more. I would still get this slight ping of pulling in my left side of chest but nothing to serious. A year later I start noticing a flutter in my heart . The first time caught me by quite a surprise and scared the beejeeus out of me. It would only happen maybe a few times a month, then it start happening a few times a week, then eventually a few times a day. I got a Holter monitor for 48 hours and again passed with flying colors. Then I start getting different kind of sharp pain in my chest. Then another day I felt like a weight was on my chest. It was tight and burning. I look up these symptoms on Google and they point to having a heart attack. I called my cardiologist again (I feel like they are irritated with me) I tell them I want more test done. They schedule me for a Stress treadmill test, but they schedule it for a month away. I’m so scared and fed up I tell them I’m going to go somewhere else and get a second opinion. So they schedule me for an earlier appointment. Once again I pass the stress test with flying colors. I ask my cardiologist if I should do another Echocardiogram and assures me that nothing should change with my heart within a year. My heart rate is still high (not as high as some people on here. I think mine is about 109 at its highest). He up’d my dosage of Metropolol to 50mg 2x’s a day. I’m starting to feel better already but in the back of my mind am always worried about my heart. I have trouble sleeping at night because I feel myself gasping for air sometimes or jolting awake. I don’t know if it’s the Tacky or anxiety, sleep apnea or what. I sleep good if I take ½ a Xanax before bed. I’m just so tired of being scared all the time. Scared that I’m not going to be around to see my kids have kids of their own. I just don’t understand how this just came on out of nowhere when I’ve never had issues in the past.

BriniG BriniG
36-40, F
1 Response Aug 20, 2014

How are you doing now?