Post
Experience Project iOS Android Apps | Download EP for your Mobile Device

Voices.

I have been hearing voices and seeing people that weren't there from being a child, it got progressively worse in my teenage years though and carried on there after.   They would walk into my house, these "people" uninvited and sit and watch my TV even, and i have had numerous arguments thinking they were intruders, other times i have been talking to various men and women.

I am on medication for it now and have been diagnosed as "Schizophrenic" but the medication doesn't work to well for me, it certainly doesn't stop the voices and crazy episodes i have had, like for instance, drinking cleaning products because i was convinced by the man that it was a soft drink, i have burnt my hand too putting it in the fire, so it has been quite dangerous for me.

I find stress triggers it all more, and i try and keep myself as calm as i can, as much as i can, but alas thats not always feasible in a world of madness.  I spend alot of time alone too though, so i don't think that can always help but i really don't like the company of other people so well either as i am very socially phobic and shy maybe would be a better word. 

Aloneness though doesn't always sadden me, it is comforting 90% of the time, and the other 10% i pine for the company of others.

 

electriclobe electriclobe 26-30, F 3 Responses Oct 17, 2007

Your Response

Cancel

it used to scare me.... oh what am i saying.. it still does! but try talking to them. just dont let people hear you they may think your insane<br />
your not insane though. its not that disorder you said. its just your tuned into a certain station that gets the voices and you cant turn it off. just accept it and when you hear it listen you may learn something

I can relate to a lot of what you have said here.<br />
<br />
When I see and hear people in my home I usually think I am being burgled, but thankfully nothing has been taken. But it is a very frightening experience.<br />
<br />
I also am one to prefer my own company. Having been with someone in my face for so long as I have, I became desperate to have some time to myself. But I also hate being around people for fear of what they will do to me, or they can hear my thoughts.<br />
<br />
But I do wish you luck in your ongoing recovery.

I've never seen an actual person who wasn't there, just heard their voices.