So Sad And Hurt

My husband of 31 years isn't sure he wants to be married anymore. He has formed an emotional attachment with a colleague which he denies. He lives four hours away while I stayed behind to sell the house so that we could accommodate his job change.

Now he doesn't call regularly, he doesn't text, he doesn't email. He wants time to "get his head together." In the meantime, I'm taking care of the house, our college student kids and the animals. He is having intimate chats with his "new friend" and purchasing all of the items for his apartment that we haven't been able to afford (and we still can't afford).

I'm left hanging. Do I file for divorce? Do I ask him if he has his act together yet? What do I do? I have a counselor, I have a lawyer but all I really want to do is cry.
An Ep User An EP User
1 Response Jan 16, 2013

I think the two of you would benefit from marriage counselling. I would almost make it a condition of the divorce, if he asks for one, that you do at least 2-3 months of weekly counselling sessions first.

That will be a condition for divorce, trust me!