Here Are 20 Writing Prompts
Here are 20 Writing Prompts, you are invited to tackle 'em and share 'em...
1. Pick the person you most want to see in the world right now. Write a monologue or a letter to that person and then continue the story.
2. Write a scene between your parents (living or deceased, it doesn’t matter) talking about you and your life.
3. Write down three names of important people from your past. Start writing a story or scene between three characters with those names.
4. Recount the story of your most romantic experience ever. You can change the names if you need to. Be very detailed about the entire encounter.
5. Write a story from the perspective of your favorite childhood pet. Make sure to include details about how the pet sees you and your family.
6. Write a scene about your best friends from high school talking about you while you aren’t there set during the present day.
7. Go back in your mind to the moment you chose your current religious stance. Describe the feelings that occurred during your transition from a different religion or any blind following you were previously doing.
8. Go back in your mind to the moment you chose your current political stance. Describe the feelings that occurred during your transition from a different party or any blind following you were previously doing.
9. Pick a person who has betrayed you. Write a story about the moment that this occurred.
10. Try to remember the moment where you felt you lost your innocence. Write a conversation between your present self and the past version of you from that moment.
11. Write a scene about your best friends from high school talking about you while you aren’t there set during your senior year of high school.
12. Write a scene or a story with the characters of your heart, your brain and your soul.
13. Pick the person you least want to see in the world right now. Write a monologue or a letter to that person and then continue the story.
14. Write about an experience that occurred outside of your current state or country that changed you in some way.
15. Dictate the most important phone call you’ve ever had in your life.
16. Write a scene between you and a person you betrayed, set around the time that the betrayal occurred.
17. In a sci-fi kind of style, you have magically gained the ability to change into the person you most want to be in the world, describe a day in your life.
18. Describe the last time you cried that didn’t relate to a movie, television show, play or book.
19. Sit in total silence for five minutes and observe the things around you. Write a story about the sense of awareness this brings you.
20. Write a scene that reunites you with the one that got away. If it does happen to turn into a romance novel, that’s perfectly fine :).