These 20 free creative writing prompts deal with the situations, trials, and tribulations you had with those friendships. Some ended well, some ended poorly, and some are still going on for better or for worse :). Here we go!
1. Your best friend in the world calls you and tells you a secret that changes your friendship forever. Describe the conversation and the aftermath.
2. Detail the scene of the first time you told your friends you had a crush on somebody. Did they react negatively or poorly? Did their reaction affect how you handled yourself around this person?
3. The friend you are most disappointed that you had a falling out with knocks on your door. He or she comes in and you two sit down and talk about the old times and the new times. Write the conversation.
4. A woman or man you have been dating for the past few months says that she or he does not want to ever hang out with your friends ever again. How do you handle the situation?
5. The craziest experience you’ve ever shared with your friends. Go!
6. Look back in your life for a time when you had a bad breakup and you went to your friends for help. What happened?
7. You are asked to testify against a good friend of yours in a court case. Your friend is being tried for murder. You know full well that he committed it. What do you do?
8. What was it like the first time you introduced one of your high school friends to your college friends and versa?
9. Remember a time where two of your friends began to date. If this didn’t happen, make up a story in which it did. How does it play out?
10. Your first major fight with a friend. The lead-up and the aftermath.
11. Your last major fight with your best friend. The lead-up and the aftermath.
12. Your friend is dating a horrible, horrible person. How do you deal with it? If this situation has happened in your life, feel free to draw from that.
13. You are lab partners with your friend in a science class. She is doing absolutely no work and she’s bringing your grade down. How do you approach her about it?
14. During a drunken party, you and a friend made-out, fooled around or had sexual intercourse. Describe the encounter and the following day. Once again, if this has actually happened, use it.
15. A friend has borrowed a large sum of money from you and has yet to repay it. How do you approach the situation?
16. You come over to the house of some friends and realize you have walked straight into an intervention! What is the intervention about and how would you honestly react? Don’t make this your ideal nice person reaction, be truthful.
17. A body has been found and the dental records show it is your best friend. The parents have asked you to go and identify the body. Describe the experience.
18. Look in your life for a time that you and a good friend were roommates. How did this situation turn out? Beginning, middle and end.
19. Your best friend calls you while crying up a storm. How do you comfort your friend and what is it probably about?
20. Describe meeting your best friend in the world.