Quiche..I made yummy oatmeal cookies yesterday. ^^ They're my favorite. Baking is so much more fun than 'cooking', I think. The other day, I made mini-quiche. They were so good, I'll put the recipe here.. So easy!
I use mini pie/tart pans that are about 4.5/5 inches in diameter.
To make about 11 quiche, you'll need:
- 1 package of Pillsbury refrigerated pie crusts. [[unrollable]]
- about 3/4 cup of cheese, cut into little squares [I use swiss for ham and swiss quiche]
- about 3/4 cup of sliced ham [cooked], cut into little squares [i use pre-sliced deli ham...]
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups of cream/half&half
- a little less than a tablespoon of yellow mustard
1. mix eggs, cream and mustard together thoroughly with a whisk and set aside
2. unroll pie crusts and take a bowl about six inches in diameter [a bit bigger than your pie pans] to cut out crust. You should be able to get 5 mini-crusts out of the big one by adding the remnants together for the fifth. Do the same for the second one. You will probably have enough left from both crusts to make an eleventh.
3. lay the crusts over the pie pans and press the edges any way you'd like.
4. Put cheese and ham equally in all of the crusts.
5. Fill each crust with egg mixture up to the top.
6. Bake on 350 for about 15/20 minutes until the quiche is 'poofed-up' and a little golden looking.
I'd let them cool for about 5-10 minutes before taking them out of the pans.
You can substitute the ham and cheese for anything you'd like. I make them with leek, spinach, chicken... They freeze really well and are great cold! Let me know how they go if anyone decides to try it!