Therapy BeginsSo tomorrow is the first day of our couples therapy. He's willing to go. He didn't argue about it.
What do I want? What do I need? Where will it take me? How honest can I be?
I'm not ready to go yet, so I'm not ready to see my marriage crumble. I'm not ready for the financial, familial and even immigration implications.
Things I cannot say.y
- I'm not sure I really love you anymore, not that way.
- I had an affair.
- I made a mistake marrying you.
Things I will say:
- I want us to be happy. Most importantly I want me to be happy. However that might be.
- I'm no longer willing to accept MY sex life the way it is.
- I want us to be good, cooperative, loving parents to our son. However that might be.
- I'm no longer willing to accept constant criticism and a partner who largely absents himself from family life.
Of course, I talk a good game. We'll see how I do tomorrow. I'm scared of where this will take me.