Are You Mature Enough To Post A Story On Iliasm?I know I've only been posting a couple days now, but I thought I could ease some friction around here by laying some ground rules that hopefully you, dear fellow ILIASM readers, will be comfortable with - please feel free to make up & post your own!
So, before posting on ILIASM (or anywhere really), why not ask yourself the following questions:
1. Is my first or middle name Pollyanna?
2. Can I handle a reality wherein others may want to post comments of their experiences, even if they are not exactly the same as my experience?
3.(a) If the answer to #2 is no, can I handle their comments in a mature fashion and respond with helpful ideas, or will I go batshit insane and accuse them of witchcraft and sorcery and all sorts of evil intent?
3.(b) Will I randomly respond to commenters who choose to expose their vulnerabilities on my posts by belittling their experiences, passing judgment on their lives, and destroying their reputations?
4. Will I handle comments that are in any way critical of any of my batshit insane rantings by immediately deleting all traces of said comments?
5. Once the alcohol/drugs/manic episodes wear off, will I then go back and delete my batshit insane rants and replace them with innane bland nothing comments?
6. When posting, can I stick to topics relevant to ILIASM (i.e., "SEXLESS MARRIAGE"), or will I digress into completely off topics that make me feel better by masking my complete inability to grasp the reality of my situation and that may be better posted to "oh you'll love how adorbs my little rugrats are oooowoooo"?
7. Will I threaten to leave ILIASM over other people placing comments about their life experiences on my stories, but then hang around looking for sympathy in the most passive-aggressive manner possible?
It's my humble opinion that answering incorrectly to any of the above may indicate that you are NOT mature enough to be posting on ILIASM.
In any case, I have now grown a thick enough skin to be amused rather than upset by these incidents in regards to myself, but I am rather upset that they may have a negative impact on others wanting to share their experiences and provide advice.
Well, till next time! -Z