Now It StartsToday it will begin.
Rehearsed the start of the conversation - check
Basics packed and in the car - check
Important documents packed - check
Sufficient emergency funds for one month's expenses - check
Separate banking accounts established - check
Ensure that all debt will be discharged - check
Ready to change credit cards - check
Firearms and ammunition locked away, extra trigger guards - check
Investigated counseling if that is possible - check
Investigated lawyer if that is necessary - check
Investigated forensic accountant if that is necessary - check
Identified initial and final place to live - check
Anything that I am missing?
An Update - Thursday Evening - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Well, our discussion was stressful for both of us, and the realization that I was prepared to be responsible for my own happiness was actually a shock to her. It was a lot of discussion of both the good and bad in our sexual relationship and how we both have contributed to the situation. [As some of you following my neurotic ramblings have seen, I do have issues also]. And the discussion then became serious; what I need and want, what she needs and wants, what are the different possibilities moving forward.
- We have determined what our improved sexual relationship will look like.
- We have decided to get counseling both to make progress and to put my issues to rest so that I can focus on the present.
- She will obtain medical help for her issues, both physical and for her libido.
- We have ironed out expected milestones and discussed my options if those milestones are not met.
- In the meantime we will separate finances and clear any encumbrances to prepare for whatever may happen.