Project SpiritualityI feel like I'm taking a risk, posting this here, because it might seem juvenile or naive. I wrote it a couple years ago, as one of my many projects that I invent for myself. I figure here is as good a place as any. Critique is always appreciated, as it's an ongoing project! :)
1. Keep an open mind. Being open to different ideas, opinions, thoughts, and even conflicting belief systems. It’s good to have liberty to float from one stance to another, to take advantage of the strengths of different stances instead of being tied down to a limited doctrine.
2. Everything and everyone contains both yin and yang; pay special attention to embrace the sacred despite the balance.
3. Everything is sacred; everything has a level of meaning and a place within my spirituality. Nothing is outside the realm of the sacred, and spirituality is not a separate force even if we don’t always think about it.
4. I will keep an open heart. This means, opening my heart to others and not withdrawing. Going the extra effort to embrace all other people and see them for who they are – sacred beings with hopes, dreams, desires, needs, etc.
5. Every other person is just as vulnerable and human as you are. They need nurturing, guidance and comfort at least as much as you do.
6. All humans are sacred and interconnected; relationships and interactions ought to reflect that.
7. The body is sacred and ought to be respected and treated as such.
8. It is a sin to treat the Self with anything less than dignity and respect.
9. The Earth is our mother, and we ought to always consider the Earth, the environment, nature, and natural processes with reverence.
10. Personal growth is to be an ongoing process with much focus throughout the lifetime. Growth is the single most important focus in an individual’s life.
11. Always seek and acknowledge truths.
13. Don’t become too attached to possessions or material things.
14. Another person’s sin does not excuse your own. Be accountable and own yourself, your decisions, your words, and your actions.
15. Always choose the most honourable course, and behave in the most honourable ways.
16. If you have a problem, fix it.
17. No one is coming to save you.
18. Fear not.
19. Believe in yourself. You must always, always believe in yourself, no matter what logic, emotions, people, or situations run against you. Believe in yourself.
20. You deserve. You are deserving. You are valuable, and you are worthy, no matter what.
21. Completely accept and own your designated role; allow no other to designate your role for you.
22. Regular durations of uninterrupted solitude are absolutely necessary to soulcaring (caring for one's soul).