Toxic PortOf all that I've known, from Cabernet, Merlot, Shiraz, Sauvignon and Pinot Noir, nothing beats Port. Port gives wine drinking a brand new meaning. For some reason, I prefer wines with higher alcohol content as it does make drinking more pleasurable and exciting. One of the great enduing myths about Port is that it is guaranteed to cause a hangover. The reason is pretty simple.
Embark now on a glass of Port and the mixture becomes even more toxic, guaranteeing a throbbing head in the morning. The next day your memory is of the last drink spotted at the scene of the crime, and so it is Port that gets the blame.
I do have my regrets:(