Please Read This, If You Are In The Similar Situation As I´m. Thanks :)Dear friends on EP Link
My name is Marin and I´m 27 years old. I´m currently taking a bachelor degree in Occupational Therapy and I love it.
This is my story about dating an older gentleman, which I need some experiences and advice on: (Because it would be easier for me to make a decision ba
Here it goes:
I have recently meet this older gentlemen on a chat line (not a sex chat line, just to let you know), and we talked and had a great time together.
After like an hour, he told me that he liked me and wanted to get to know me for real, because he found me to be intelligence and sweet lady. I didn´t really wanted his number, because I was there only for casual talk, but was surprised, to see that he did actually like me and made a approach on me. I said it was okay. He gives me his number. I started to call him everyday for this past few days that I have known him, but his feelings are growing by everyday that we talk, I find that very odd and strange, because it´s not possible to develop feelings for someone, who you have just meet and know so little about.
Anyways..... this week alone is he determined that I´m the woman for him(he did actually say that I might not be, but he seems so sure at that time) , and he wants us to develop a strong and healthy friendship, which should lead to a relationship.
I´m not that sure, because I don´t share the same feelings as he does, so it´s a little hard for me to open up for someone over the phone. He wants me to come over there and meet him and see what will happen with us and for the future.
I really want to give this a go, but there is so many things, which makes this impossible for us to be together and that makes everything so much harder. But I have to realize that this is my reality and not his!
I truly do like him and still I don´t know him that well yet. He is great father and great person with a great personality, which makes him special in so many ways.
Again, I need some advice and maybe some experienced people, who knows a little about my current dilemma.
I have listed here, few of the majors problems, which I have no idea, where him or I would fit in:
(please read and tell me, what you think)
Here is what gets so complicating and frustrating:
1) I live in Denmark and I have a university to take care of and life of my own. And I don´t want to have a friendship/relationship over the phone, because it´s unpersonalized and not real.
2) He is 30 years older than me (check the age, which were in the beginning of the story), which makes him 58 years old. He has already children and they are all grown up. And have a life of themselves. Has a son around my age !!!!!???
He is passed all that, should be enjoying life, but still is his hearts is with mine.
3) I want children and a home of my own, and I want to experience this with someone of my own age. He has already done it and has a home of his own.
4) We live in two different countries and have two different lives, how are we ever to make this work at all?
I´m very busy because of the studies and he has unlimited time, but enjoys doing things outdoor and having fun :)
5) How about the near future? He is old and he is at the same age as my father, but my dad is older :), but we would not have a long time together and I would spend a lot of time taking care of him, when I should be out there and experienced life...
There are so many lose ends, and I simply want a resolution, which could benefit us both. He told me yesterday, that he is not letting me go and he will not give that up, what should I do then?
Anyways, please help me and please share with me your experience, because YOU would understand this situation more, that I would.
Thanks for reading and have a great day
FaroesePearl 26-30, F 5 Responses 1 Oct 12, 2011