In Need of a Friend

I need someone to talk to I am a 34 year old single mom of a 18 month old. I broke up with my son's father because I cant trust him and he has a very bad temper. He has spit in my face, choked me, pushed me out of a car and does everything to make me feel scared of him. When my son was only 3 months he would yell at him as if he was a grown person. We now live live in to different states but I have filed child support on him because he doesnt take care of his son. He has advised me of stories where the man has killed the child and himself or either just killed himself. My family loves this guy and because I broke up with him they are totally against me. I have a family full of women and they basically believe you should let a man run over you.  I am scared that when the child support goes through in about a month this man may do something to me or our son. I have called the police on him before but because there are no bruises I have no proof. What can I do when it comes down to child support and he gets visitation rights with my son or I have to see this man. Please advise to someone that cant sleep at nite.

2shy4you01 2shy4you01
1 Response Feb 17, 2009

First of all, it's appalling that your family doesn't support you......Have you spoken with a lawyer? The police won't get involved unless you're half dead, of that i know!!<br />
<br />
I don't know where you live, but here, you can speak with a lawyer for 30 min for about $25.00, ask EVERYTHING!!!!<br />
<br />
God bless you, for wanting to protect yourself and your child!!