Only One Thought of Many!
I was just taking the poll for this group. It asked what was keeping me from making my decision, and then it gave numerous choices
- fear - YES - of the unknown - there are no guarantees of happiness no matter what I decide; there are no guarantees that my children will survive this in a happy, healthy way; there are no guarantees - it is all unknown!! (and the changes that are inevitable are just as scary!)
- financial - YES - everything will probably have to change including moving, vehicles, schools, etc.... plus the cost of a divorce ain't cheap even if it is amicable.
- Still in Love - NO - the only NO on the list - I am not in love with him anymore - too much hurt, pushing aside, pushing away, discounting my opinion and a total unawareness of who I really am!
- children - YES - this needs no explanation, I think.
- family - YES - well, my mom has gone looney tunes on me from the stress, so now the person that I used to talk to the most is not talking to me at all. I can tell that my brother will not be happy about this. I believe that most of my family, if not all, is extremely against divorce and basically has the mind-set of suck it up!
- friends - I have great friends, but the few that know anything about any of this, they would prefer that we stay married - and I don't see how the relationships can NOT change when most of my friends are friends with us as couples! I also notice that everyone has an opinion on this matter - a strong opinion!
Anyway, these are my roadblocks - these are my fears - these are the things racing through my head almost 24/7!