So Confused~sad, Regretting My Planned Pregnancy And Want To Leave My Boyfriend

I have a daughter that is the light of my life...I live with her father for the past 3 yrs and I am reaching my boiling point...I wanted to give my daughter a sibling so she can grow up and have someone to call when Im gone...My bf her father has mental issues...he is paranoid- schizo...and im tired of being understanding being the one that has to listen to him call me names, explaining what picking and choosing your battles..Im just done with his yelling and my daughter hearing it..If i have this baby it will make it hard for me to be successful of taking care of me and my daughter...and a new addition that needs more care more money...Im thinking of getting an abortion...If i do get it Im leaving him..If i dont...Im still leaving him...but i know i wont be able to do it alone...please help me...5 weeks pregnant

sadmomregret sadmomregret
2 Responses Dec 4, 2012

I have a one year old boy and am a single mom, so I totally feel where you are coming from... And I'm by no means a religious activist or anti abortion crusader... But what I am is the mom of the most wonderful creation on this planet and I couldn't imagine his joy, smile, and laughter not being allowed to come into this world... I totally feel the fear and hopelessness of it all... It sucks for me sometimes, and it's hard, and I struggle and can't afford things... But three seconds with him makes it all worth while..

There are other options besides abortion... I don't want to lecture, please don't take it that way, but think beyond yourself and realize what you have, what you can bring into the world...

Why not adoption? So many great parents can't have a kid...

The first you should consider is getting intouch Withe a family counselor or therapist for both of you to workout your issues. You shoud also reach out to families and friends. I dont think abortion is the way to go. There are millions of moms who are raising their children by themselves. there is no reason why u can't do it. If you need help look into social services in your community. what if things work out with this guy in the future? You might even find a new partner would cherish and love your kids. Good luck