Researching DemonologyI have spent over 40 years in the research, study, and facilitating learning experiences of what the Bible teaches regarding various metaphysical, and paranormal phenomena
It is my opinion, as well as others, that Revelation 12:9 is the clearest sc
“The great dragon was hurled down—that ancient serpent called the devil, or Satan, who leads the whole world astray. He was hurled to the earth, and his angels with him.”
In brief what I have learned and come to believe is:
- Satan’s fall from heaven is symbolically described in Isaiah 14:12-15 and Ezekiel 28:12-15. Revelation 12:4 seems to indicate that Satan took one-third of the angels with him when he sinned.Jude 6 mentions angels who sinned. The Bible indicates that the demons are fallen angels who, along with Satan, rebelled against God.
- Satan and his demons now look to destroy and deceive all those who follow and worship God (1 Peter 5:8; 2 Corinthians 11:14-15).
- The demons are described as evil spirits (Matthew 10:1), unclean spirits (Mark 1:27), and angels of Satan (Revelation 12:9).
- Satan and his demons deceive the world (2 Corinthians 4:4), attack Christians (2 Corinthians 12:7; 1 Peter 5:8), and combat the holy angels (Revelation 12:4-9).
- Demons are spiritual beings, but they can appear in physical forms (2 Corinthians 11:14-15). The demons/fallen angels are enemies of God, but they are defeated enemies. Greater is He who is in us, than those who are in the world (1 John 4:4).
With my whole heart I seek you; let me not wander from your commandments! I have stored up your word in my heart,
that I might not sin against you.Blessed are you, O Lord; teach me your statutes! Psalm 119:10-12
Angels: Elect & Evil by C. Fred Dickason
Larson's Book of Cults by Bob Larson
Handbook of Today's Religions by Josh McDowell & Don Stewart