Post

Sleeping And Zapped

 

Yesterday night, I was sleeping deeply with my arms splayed out at both my sides. Involuntarily, my right hand moved from its resting position to land on my chest. And, all of a sudden I was hit by an electric discharge when my right hand landed on my chest. It felt like I had been zapped by an electrically charged something- the same feeling we get when sometimes we end up being careless and touch plug points or loose sockets with our bare hands. This is the sudden jolt of electricity and we then know that we got zapped. I woke up from my sleep with the same physical sensation, a "what the hell happened" on my mind and my eyes wide alert and open. I sleep with the window open on a double bed. There are no electrical appliances that I keep on at night while sleeping.

Did some reading up on the net, and the info given is that the human body builds up static discharge while in motion like walking maybe on a thick carpet, rubbing easily charged fabric like fur on synthetic or nylon, or handling electrical appliances and others. Did not read about any one getting zapped by own's hand. My question is that if the body builds up static charge, maybe even while sleeping, shouldn't it be that the entire body gets charged electrically- either positively or negatively? Why would my hand build up one type of static charge and the rest of my body another type.Cos only when two items/bodies/objects are oppositely charged, only then does the current flow from one object to the other. This is as per Physics. I can't explain my hand and my body being differently charged to each other and zapping me in the process.

Wierd!! Can anyone bounce back their thoughts/knowledge/ideas on this?
Thanks :-)

Mystique9 Mystique9 26-30, F 7 Responses Aug 22, 2010

Your Response

Cancel

I had a similar experience. I was in sleep and I was hit by an electric discharge on my right thumb. Me also woke up from my sleep with the same physical sensation, a "Oh, my God, what was that.." on my mind..

Mystique9 - unfortunately it could be something simpler and more horrible. The USA has persons who are criminals who have designed equipment like cattle prods or wands (they throw electricity) and can do that into your window with the help of lasers. The impending death feeling is probably because that is what will happen if you don't protect yourself. They call the combination first designed in New Mexico "herbobbie" which is a combination of two (2) infrared laser streams like an old highway patrol gun mixed with an inside taser stream. The three of them together travel and electrocute the target. Leaving your window open creates an area to attack you. Glass helps protect you. My apartment building isn't grounded and the criminals are having a time assaulting people. The electricity thrown or fired goes all over and stays around and doesn't go in the ground. People are sick. I hope you have moved and the criminals bothering you are arrested.

I have Adhevsive Arachnodiitis and I heard thats one of the symptoms of spinal cord injury but it scares the crap out of me! Had a bad one last night seemed to last a long time and was bounceing around my bed until my dog sat on legs and I finally started to come out of it! Its weird and scary!!

I have had electric shocks for several years, perhaps one every two or three months : they are quite violent and for a second feel that I'm dying. Sometimes it is as though it is what I imagine to be struck by lightning. I will try magnesium and maybe Vitamin E. I have mentioned these symptoms to my Dr. but he couldn't give any explanation

Am still alive at the moment Julio.. so maybe its not a sign of impending death or some thing.. Maybe the body is stressed out in some way.. our bodies do generate electrical charge for sure..<br />
<br />
try sleeping on cotton bedsheets or some thing.. silk, satin etc generate electricity static due to friction.

Am still alive at the moment Julio.. so maybe its not a sign of impending death or some thing.. Maybe the body is stressed out in some way.. our bodies do generate electrical charge for sure..<br />
<br />
try sleeping on cotton bedsheets or some thing.. silk, satin etc generate electricity static due to friction.

Adding to such experience written above, I also went through the most unusual shock while sleeping profoundly and it started from my head throughout the rest of my body. So much so, that I woke up and left me worried to some extent. I wonder the cause of such, as to think it`s a singn of up-comming death. Please advice.