Experience Project iOS Android Apps | Download EP for your Mobile Device

What May Kill Me Is Actually Keeping Me Alive

Don't be afraid of Tysabri if you neurologist suggests it. I would be bed-ridden, blind and probably vegetative if I didn't switch to Tysabri. Been on it since I was 22. Don't feel like writing my main experience of my whole MS diagnosis yet, but I will gitter done soon! FMS everyone! Keep fighting the good fight! =)
meganomalie meganomalie 22-25, F 1 Response Apr 11, 2011

Your Response


Hang in there!<br />
<br />
I had a scare with MS back in 1995 at the age of 28. Back in the summer of 1995 I was cutting grass and the sweat was coming down onto my face and I rubbed my eyes. The right eyes seemed to have something in it and I couldn't hardly see out of it. Me not liking doctors and hospitals I caved in and went to a doctor to check my eye out. He started throwing out a lot of what it could be. He mentioned MS and it threw such a scare in me. He did an MRI on me and two days later it came back negative. He said that there was a 17% chance I would develope it, and 83% chance I wouldn't. He said there was some white matter on my brain to indicate that may be MS, but he didn't think I had anything to worry about. He wanted to give me steriods to get my vision back in my right eye, and I did not want that so I declined. He thought that he could no longer be my doctor then. I thought WTF, he was never really my doctor in the first place. I didn't have a problem with that then. My vision finally came back in my right eye three months later. It ended up being an inflammed optic nerve. Ever since then when I hear MS that gets my attention since I had doone a lot of research on it thinking in those two days I may have it. That's always been in the back of my mind about maybe having MS. Back in 1997 I had some symptoms that looked like it could be MS, but I didn't want to believe it so I didn't, so I shook it off. Ever since then had no problems whatsoever. The fear it put in me though when that quack of a doctor told me that I may have it, well, I never forgot that. I learned that it also effects more women than men for some reason. More and more younger people as young as in their teens are getting MS over the past 10 years.