Hear Me Out...
At the risk of sounding inconsiderate or ignorant: I beg you to stop the threat of leaving EP. My reasons are plentiful. And, I am not without sympathy or empathy. My life is an open book via my stories and the people that I talk to here, so these are not jus the spewings of an EP crank.
1) It is a clear cry for attention. Most who do it, never leave and have about 100 + plus EP friends and hundreds more exps. Therefor, they want their parade of friends to come show the support and love, and even beg them to stay. DO NOT GET ME WRONG: I would love to be showered with praise and love too, who would not? Hell, I had many a folk make a stink for my B-day and I loved it...very cool. But, to force it with threatening to leave a cyber community? Come on!
2) It is a Social Networking Web Locale! You can not leave it...you are either logged on or not logged on. So, when you say you are going to 'leave', keep in mind, that much like a crack addict, you will be back to the proverbial pipe. 1 day, 1 month, or the most likely...you will make another account and create a similar entity and live your EP life under it. Until, you slip up and someone figures out who you are/were.
3) It's one thing to be without the ability to keep in touch, but to willfully make people who care for you wonder and miss you when it was completely un-warranted is just jacked up. You took the time to get to know certain people, and almost as if you had the drama planned you wait for some random incident, an E-incident no less, to take place so you can use that as your excuse to ham-it-up. That is bullshit.
4) This notion of saying 'goodbye': Most likely, anyone who you would say goodbye to, you are close with, therefor has your AIM, Yahoo, MSN, ICQ, an email or phone number of yours! Go take a look at some of the 'Im leaving EP' boards...most if not all of them have logged on since their original posts.
5) EP is here to provide the community with various tools and resources that you can not get on most net locales. For people to intentionally attempt to disrupt what is a pretty emotionally afluent community should be thought about carefully. People on EP seem to care, they are interested in you, they take the time for you! If you have an issue or are in pain, someone is always there for you and often times droves of folk are there, at the ready. So, understand when you threaten to leave, cut, commit suicide, especially when you know the most people are on...(Notice how people dont threaten to leave or cut etc when EP is slow?) You are potentially taking away guidance and effort that can be used more constructively someplace else. Just to satisfy your desire for E-Attention?
6) In the event that someone gets all bent out of shape at me for this commentary, I ask you to examine who it is that usually threatens various EP actions that require the masses to come out and 'save' them. I have had many stories shared on EP that have brought about sympathy, topics covering a wide array of life. I have written on my bouts with Suicidal thoughts, depression, my ex wife, my friends (real life), my past mistakes of which there are many...and never once did I become so self righteous to TRY and halt the entire EP community because of a suicidal thought or a desire to not log on to EP.
I guess I am saying that people need help from time to time, but how many times can people cry wolf before they are given up on? I truly hope that no one gives up on anyone!! Alas, I also hope that people are far more considerate of the efforts of others before the posting of various stories and blogs.