Hello, I'm an active-duty Air Force military doctor. By Air Force policy, I have to be seen by a provider in the same clinic in which I work. Though this presents an awkward situation from time to time, most military providers in my clinic can choose whoever they want to see as a PCM and are free to make appointments when they want to. My flight commander has targeted me because I'm not as fit as she would like me to be. Don't get me wrong I'm not a roly-poly. But I've had a lot of medical problems and again some weight. Because of that she's put me under a microscope, and she has systematically changed my primary care managers to whoever she wants, and she has commented directly about about my personal medical history and things that are in my medical record. What to the scales of frustration for me, was that my old PCM recently left. Of note this PCM, was her subordinate mend. And she was able to evaluate my medical records and personal history through her subordinate my PCM. Now that this person has left I chose a new primary care provider. Tonight she came up to me and said that she had changed my primary care provider to somebody else. She gave me no reasoning other than that she wanted to. She also canceled my future appointments with the provider had chosen. And she told me that her choice is locked, insinuating that there was nothing I could do about it. I know that she chose this new provider because the provider is new and because New provider is technically her subordinate, a scenario that she's used in the past to gain access to my medical records. because she occupies a commanding station within the clinic, I feel she has manipulated my access to healthcare, so that she can obtain access to my medical records for the purpose of military discipline. Generally prayer force policy, commanding officers outside the medical clinic are never allowed indiscriminate access to their troops medical records,. They must go through a vetted system and hit the officer to obtain any information. Do I have recourse? Is there anything I can do? I feel like she's compromising my medical care.
Wolson Wolson
36-40, F
1 Response Aug 22, 2014

See youe kegal aid officer, get as many facrs as possible to back up your charges and possibly request a transfer.