My Ep Census Form Now Complete....
1. What is your name? Opalgem
2. How old are you? 37
3. Are you sure? Yeah
4. What is your earliest memory? Very cheesy but I remember watching Brotherhood of Man on the TV singing "Kisses for Me" around the time of their Eurovision win. That was 1976. I was 2.
5. What is your favorite alcoholic drink? JD & Coke (no ice)
6. What is your favorite vegetable? Red peppers.
7. Do you remember your first day at school? Yes actually I do. I was both confused and bored with a "what on earth is all this about?" kind of feeling.
8. What is the worst exam result you remember ever getting? Can't remember.
9. How tall are you? 5'
10. Can you swim? Yes, not well though :S
11. Who is your favorite movie actress? I have a few but I've always liked Ingrid Bergman. In today's world ???? I don't know. Jodie Foster maybe.
12. Who is your favorite movie actor? Again a few - mostly earlier generations - Pacino, De Niro, Brando. In today's world.... Daniel Auteuil is high on the list.
13. Who is your favorite comedian? Too many.... erm...Eddie Izzard. (Also like Billy Connolly, Bill Bailey, Dylan Moran, Limmy)
14. Who is your favorite politician? Don't have one.
15. Who is your favorite historical figure (been dead for at least 100 years)? Socrates
16. Who is your favorite super-heroine? Cheetara
17. Who is your favorite super-hero? Bananaman ??? No, actually it is Batman.
18. Can you name a female scientist other than Madame Curie? Hypatia of Alexandria, astronomer (I recently watched the movie)
19. Who is your favorite mythological god or goddess? Athena
20. Who is your favorite woman of all time? Emmeline Pankhurst
21. Do you agree with "An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth"? No
22. Do you agree with "Life does not forgive weakness"? No
23. Do you agree with "It is the enemy who can truly teach us to practice the virtues of compassion and tolerance"? Yes. Holding onto compassion and tolerance when faced with a bitter enemy is very difficult, but not impossible.
24. Do you agree with "The state can do what they want to do"? No. We had that system before, in history. It wasn't fun.
25. Do you agree with "If I had to choose between betraying my country and betraying my friend, I hope I should have the guts to betray my country"? Yes, although I'd rather not be put in that position.
26. Do you agree with "If the path be beautiful, let us not ask where it leads"? I don't think so. What if it is deceptively beautiful? Sometimes the "road less travelled" can be the better choice.
27. Do you agree with "Crime is a product of social excess"? No. Sometimes it is down to desperation, lack of education, lack of aspirations in life and no belief that it can get better. To clarify: by "education", I don't just mean the book learning. I also mean the moral stuff, self respect, respect for others. Plenty criminals go to good schools too.
28. Do you agree with "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you"? Yes. At least try it...
29. Do you agree with "And mankind is naught but a single nation"? Yes. We separate ourselves but really, we are all in the same boat.
30. Do you agree with "Bulimia is soooo '87"? No, unfortunately it is still alive and well in 2011.
31. What is the worst movie you have ever seen? Oh, so many. I watched Wanted last night. It was rubbish. Which is a shame, I like James McAvoy, Morgan Freeman, Angelina Jolie... just the movie that was rubbish.
32. What is the worst TV show you have ever seen? I forget but one of those reality ones about weight loss. It should have been called "Let's berate this poor woman so she feels even worse about herself than she does now." It was horrible. I lost all respect for the presenter.
33. What is the worst book you have ever read? Can't remember, one of those silly romances or crime thrillers you get at the supermarket.
34. What is the worst song you have ever heard? Barbie Girl - Aqua
35. What is the worst sport you know of? Cricket. (Sorry, I just don't understand it)
36. Who is the worst movie "star" ever? Steven Seagal?
37. Who is the worst comedian ever? Frankie Boyle
38. Who is the worst author ever? Can't remember... one of those Mills & Boon type people.
39. Who is the worst musical act ever? Too many!!!! Pussycat Dolls?! (sorry fans)
40. Who is the worst sports "star" you have ever seen? Don't know.
41. If you could go back in time to witness an historical event in person, what event would you want to see? I would go back to the beginning... the very beginning... finally get the truth.
42. If you could go anywhere in the world right now, where would you go? Not sure. I'm fine here thanks.
43. If you could meet anyone in the world, who would you meet? David Bowie
44. If you could become famous for one thing, what would that thing be? An author. A good author.
45. If you could buy anything regardless of cost, what would you buy? A comfortable house, not a mansion just large enough to be comfortable.
46. If you could change any one thing about your country, what would it be? Drink and drugs. We don't need that stuff as much as we have it.
47. If you could change any one thing about international politics, what would it be? Ooh, well... we stop trying to better each other, agree to disagree (when necessary) and help each other grow. I know, that's more than one thing.
48. If you could meet any famous person who is dead, who would it be? Emmeline Pankhurst
49. If you could become dictator of the world, would you? No thanks, too much pressure.
50. If you could eat an entire cow at one sitting, would you? What, and have a heart attack right after? No.
51. Have you ever illegally downloaded music/TV shows/movies from the net? No
52. Have you ever used illegal narcotics? No
53. Have you ever gotten any points on your driving license? No. I don't drive.
54. Have you ever stolen anything from a shop? No
55. Have you ever bought alcohol or cigarettes while underage? No.
56. Have you ever bought alcohol or cigarettes for another person who was underage? No
57. Have you ever tried to cheat the taxman/social security/other government agency? No
58. Have you ever ridden on a train or bus without paying? Lol, yes. We have a train station 10mins from the central city station. There was a time without a ticket machine, and the poor ticket inspectors simply never had time to get money from everybody between the two stops. It is all sorted now. Can't get away with it now.
59. Have you ever been arrested? No
60. Have you ever been charged with a crime ? No
61. What's the furthest you've ever been from home? London
62. Where have you visited that you would like to go back to? London (I'd like to explore a bit more)
63. Where would you like to visit that you haven't yet? Tokyo, Tibet, San Francisco, New York, Paris....
64. Where is your favorite place in the world? Here...coastal suburb. Home, yet by the beach.
65. Where have you visited that you hope never to go to again? N/A
66. Where would you definitely never go to? Antarctic (I'm curious, but it is very cold there)
67. Where is your least favorite place in the world? Don't know.
68. What is your favorite way to travel? Shanks' pony
69. What is your least favorite way to travel? Packed bus or train. I need air.
70. What is the capital of Assyria? Don't know.
71. What was the last movie you saw? Wanted
72. Was it any good? Rubbish
73. What was the last book you read? Pillars of the Earth - Ken Follett
74. Was it any good? Yes. Better than the mini-series (as you would expect. Mini-series was good, but not the same)
75. What was the last song you listened to? Rolling Stone - Suzi Quatro (lol, on the radio)
76. Was it any good? Yea, it is ok. Not one of her best, but ok.
77. What was the last computer game you played? Animal Crossing Wild World
78. Did you do well? Yeah, it's not hard though.
79. What was the last meal you ate? Roast chicken breast, potatoes, salad veggies.
80. Was it any good? I enjoyed it.
81. Do you believe in God/Goddess/Gods/Goddesses (delete to suit personal preference)? Ish.
82. Do you agree with the war in Iraq? No
83. Do you believe in aliens? I believe in the possibility, not sure they have paid us a visit though :)
84. Do you agree with the theory of evolution? Yes
85. Do you believe in reincarnation? Don't see why not.
86. Do you agree with the idea of the UN? Yes. It may not be perfect, but we need some way to work together.
87. Do you believe in karma? Definitely
88. Do you agree with the theories of man-induced global warming? It would have happened anyway, not sure we help the situation though.
89. Do you believe in democracy above all other systems of government? Yes. If there is a better idea I've not heard it yet.
90. Do you agree with Freddie Mercury when he sings "Fat-bottomed girls you make the rockin' world go round"? Hehe no.
91. What is your favorite movie? Back to the Future
92. What is your favorite book? Too many... um Great Expectations - Charles Dickens.
93. What is your favorite song? Absolute Beginners - David Bowie
94. What is your favorite city? Edinburgh
95. What is your favorite sport? Rugby and Tennis
96. What is your favorite place in the world? Scotland
97. Are you glad these questions are almost over? Sure
98. What are you going to do next? Dinnertime
99. Do you anticipate this activity being fun? What activity? EP? The questions? No, something to do.
100. Give us a quote to end on:
"The love of books is a love which requires neither justification, apology, nor defence. It is a good thing in itself; a possession to be thankful for, to rejoice over, to be proud of, and to sing praises for. With this love in his heart no man is ever poor, ever without friends, or the means of making his life lovely, beautiful and happy."
John Alfred Langford