1. What is your name?
2. How old are you?
3. Are you sure?
I'm not even going to answer that.
4. What is your earliest memory?
Coming home in our grey Mazda 626. My family lived in Washington State at the time.
5. What is your favourite alcoholic drink?
If I wanted to pay someone to cloud my judgment, I would see a hypnotist.
6. What is your favourite vegetable?
Corn on the cob.
7. Do you remember your first day at school?
8. What is the worst exam result you remember ever getting?
At my high school, we call them "NYs," like "Not Yet."
9. How tall are you?
10. Can you swim?
11. Who is your favourite movie actress?
12. Who is your favourite movie actor?
Patrick Dempsey. Save his cuteness, I relate to him.
13. Who is your favourite comedian?
A tie - Jeff Foxworthy and Bill Cosby.
14. Who is your favourite politician?
Don't have one.
15. Who is your favourite historical figure?
Martin Luther King, Jr.
16. Who is your favourite super-heroine?
Don't have one.
16t. Who is your favourite super-hero?
Not one here, either.
18. Can you name a female scientist other than Madame Curie?
June Rainisch, I believe is her name.
19. Who is your favourite mythological god or goddess?
20. Who is your favourite woman of all time?
Brigitta Callens, Miss Belgium 1999. I keep telling people she's my future bride.
21. Do you agree with "An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth"?
Revenge is trumped by forgiveness.
22. Do you agree with "Life does not forgive weakness"?
I'll have to keep living to see for myself.
23. Do you agree with "It is the enemy who can truly teach us to practice the virtues of compassion and tolerance"?
I don't know.
24. Do you agree with "The state can do what they want to do"?
Depending on where you live, definitely.
25. Do you agree with "If I had to choose between betraying my country and betraying my friend, I hope I should have the guts to betray my country"?
I already have those guts.
26. Do you agree with "If the path be beautiful, let us not ask where it leads"?
A lot of supposedly beautiful paths aren't beautiful at all.
27. Do you agree with "Crime is a product of social excess"?
If drinking, drugging, and all that is social excess, then yeah.
28. Do you agree with "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you"?
Live and let live, my friend.
29. Do you agree with "And mankind is naught but a single nation"?
No. The human beings in the United States and the human beings controlling Nazi Germany were as different as the Arctic and Antarctic.
30. Do you agree with "Bulimia is soooo '87"?
Bulimia is still the real deal 21 years later.
31. What is the worst movie you have ever seen?
Star Wars franchise.
32. What is the worst TV show you have ever seen?
Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares.
33. What is the worst book you have ever read?
The Great Gatsby.
34. What is the worst song you have ever heard?
Most any commercial rap and screamo-esque song.
35. What is the worst sport you know of?
High school football. Notice I say "high school." The NFL is okay.
36. Who is the worst movie "star" ever?
Tom Cruise is just... ugh, no words for him.
37. Who is the worst comedian/comedienne ever?
Lewis Black. It's no use trying to be funny if every fourth word is going to be a profanity.
38. Who is the worst author ever?
F. Scott Fitzgerald. (Note question #33.)
39. Who is the worst musical act ever?
Too many to name just one.
40. Who is the worst sports "star" you have ever seen?
41. If you could go back in time to witness an historical event in person, what event would you want to see?
This is going to sound lame, but... seeing Sandra Kim win Eurovision in 1986.
42. If you could go anywhere in the world right now, where would you go?
Ireland, Scandinavia, or Australia.
43. If you could meet anyone in the world, who would you meet?
Brigitta Callens. (Note question #20)
44. If you could become famous for one thing, what would that thing be?
Saving African children from malnourishment.
45. If you could buy anything regardless of cost, what would you buy?
A bungalow overlooking Sydney's waterfront.
46. If you could change any one thing about your country, what would it be?
Cut out the special interests and red tape.
47. If you could change any one thing about international politics, what would it be?
Live and let live - a world with no wars or contention.
48. If you could meet any famous person who is dead, who would it be?
John F. and Robert Kennedy.
49. If you could become dictator of the world, would you?
I would try it on for size... but would most likely revert to a democratic system.
50. If you could eat an entire cow at one sitting, would you?
Most likely not.
51. Have you ever illegally downloaded music/TV shows/movies from the net?
Guilty as charged.
52. Have you ever used illegal narcotics (yes, even pot counts if it was illegal at the time)?
53. Have you ever gotten any points on your driving licence?
54. Have you ever stolen anything from a shop?
55. Have you ever bought alcohol or cigarettes while underage?
56. Have you ever bought alcohol or cigarettes for another person who was underage?
57. Have you ever tried to cheat the taxman/social security/other government agency?
58. Have you ever ridden on a train or bus without paying?
Yes. One time, on the MBTA in Boston.
59. Have you ever been arrested?
60. Have you ever been charged with a crime ... ?
61. What's the furthest you've ever been from home?
62. Where have you visited that you would like to go back to?
63. Where would you like to visit that you haven't yet?
Ireland, Scandinavia, Greece, European Russia, Australia, New Zealand, Colorado
64. Where is your favourite place in the world?
At the moment, it's a tie between Brugge, London, Boston, Toronto, and Seattle.
65. Where have you visited that you hope never to go to again?
That restaurant I went to in Old Montréal.
66. Where would you definitely never go to?
67. Where is your least favourite place in the world?
68. What is your favourite way to travel ?
Depends on the distance - though I love riding the trains in Europe.
69. What is your least favourite way to travel?
Walking a llllooonnngggg distance.
70. What is the capital of Assyria?
Assyria has no capital. The capital of Syria, on the other hand, is Damascus.
71. What was the last movie you saw?
72. Was it any good?
Best movie this year!
73. What was the last book you read?
Myths, Lies, and Downright Stupidity by John Stossel.
74. Was it any good?
It was eye-opening.
75. What was the last song you listened to?
"Free" by Kate Ryan
76. Was it any good?
It's one of my top 20 best songs of all time.
77. What was the last computer game you played?
Age of Empires II.
78. Did you do well?
79. What was the last meal you ate?
I'm eating pizza right now.
80. Was it any good?
81. Do you believe in God/Goddess/Gods/Goddesses (delete to suit personal preference)?
I believe in Jesus Christ.
82. Do you agree with the war in Iraq?
No, and I never have.
83. Do you believe in aliens?
If they're out there, they're out there.
84. Do you agree with the theory of evolution?
As it is correctly defined (i.e. no, we didn't evolve from monkeys).
85. Do you believe in reincarnation?
86. Do you agree with the idea of the UN?
The intent is good.
87. Do you believe in karma?
I've been a victim of it.
88. Do you agree with the theories of man-induced global warming?
89. Do you believe in democracy above all other systems of government?
Yes. All good things spring from democracy.
90. Do you agree with Freddie Mercury when he sings "Fat-bottomed girls you make the rockin' world go round"?
I suppose so...
91. What is your favourite movie?
Music and Lyrics
92. What is your favourite book?
Any book by Sue Townsend
93. What is your favourite song?
"Africa" by Toto
94. What is your favourite city?
Once again... a tie between Brugge, London, Toronto, Boston, and Seattle.
95. What is your favourite sport?
I do like a good game of kickball or golf.
96. What is your favourite place in the world?
Arizona, I suppose.
97. Are you glad these questions are almost over?
98. What are you going to do next?
99. Do you anticipate this activity being fun?
100. Give us a quote to end on ...
"I love hugging! I wish I was an octopus, so I could hug 10 people at a time!" -Drew Barrymore (note question #11)