Here is my attempt at making another list without using the word I anywhere. I thought it would fun and challenging.
1. My mother was only 18 when she had me. Her father threw her out of the house for not turning off the television and she lived in an old station wagon with me for about three months.
2. Partly due to my continuous health problems, colic, and her own emotional problems. She left me to be raised by family members until she married my step father. This man became my father for life even though we are not related by blood.
3. My childhood ended at the age of 8 when they divorced, because up to then my step father was able to protect me from the realities of the world.
4. My mother was a drug addict and alcoholic with regressed memories from childhood abuse, so our roles ended up being reversed with me taking care of her. She would often freak out or have moments in time where she was someone as if she had a split personality.
5. Though my mother was a bit crazy, she created beautiful works of art and taught me how to express myself in this way.
6. She was a s t r i p p e r (Maybe ep will not x it out with the spaces) and took me to work with her. Usually she left me in the bosses office, Strangely, my memories are good about this. The bartender would always make me a shirley temple with several cherries. This also taught me that there is no shame in the human body. Also, the Rolling stones version of Red Riding Hood always sticks out with me, because my mother performed to it.
7. At the age of 10 she began paying baby sitters to take care of me. Mrs. Garcia was my favorite. She was they stereotypical Mexican mother. She made delicious homemade tortillas every night. Her two youngest children were close to my age and became really good friends of mine. Though occasionally they liked to tease the white girl and chased me around once with the cow tongue.
8. Throughout elementary school fellow students teased me for my red hair and gap between my two top front teeth.
9. My preference in friends throughout school were the outcasts. In elementary they were the children that no-one else wanted to play with. In the older grades my friends were the kids that dared to be different, such as those that sported mohawks. Though, many of my friends did drugs it was easy for me to say no, because of my experiences with my mother.
10. At the age of 11 my mother began sending me away to live with others because she was going into rehab for drug and alcohol addiction. From then on, my life consisted of moving in with various family members until moving in with my eventual husband at age 17, which was in my junior year of high school.
11. My oldest daughter, who is now 1 6, was born my senior year in high school.
12.. My closest friends in my junior and senior year of high school were a few of my teachers. One teacher gave me the use of her office throughout my senior year to express breast milk for my daughter.
13. At the age of 21, my son was conceived intentionally. We wanted another child.
14. My youngest was conceived in my second marriage. The pregnancy was not intentional but is a blessing just the same.
15. My youngest was sick at age 10 weeks and ended up in the hospital. Her breathing went below 70% and the doctors said that she would most likely not live. She lived and is a beautiful, healthy 10 year old now.
16. My youngest daughter is named Raven after raven medicine. Raven medicine is what many Indigenous peoples of America say that someone has when they are powerfully connected to the spirit world. For example: A medicine man is considered to have Raven medicine. Her name was chosen by me.
17. My childhood was not easy, but the challenges taught me strength. Not having a stable mother shaped my values for being a great mother. Sometimes a bad example can be a blessing. We have choices in life. We do not have to suffer the sins of the fathers. We can choose to do better.
18. My favorite saying is, " A smart person learns from their own mistakes, but a wise person learns from the mistakes of others." Reading what is written above, you should know why.
19. When my oldest was 15, she confessed to me that she only likes girls. She has my support and love no matter what. My only request for her is that she is always true to herself.
20. My first husband had similar issues to my mother, which was why we divorced. He got a little older and dealt with his issues and we remarried two years ago. He's the father of my first two children and loves my third as his own. He still deals with PTSD, but he handles his problems in a more rational manner. Also, me being a little older helps, because of my understanding to just give him some space sometimes. In my younger years this was not the case and it would aggravate the situation more.
21. Even after divorce, we were friends. First it was for the betterment of the children.
22. At age 16 my boyfriend who was 32, was actually friends with Carl, my soon to be husband. One time the boyfriend saw me talking to to Carl and got really jealous, so to keep me from being interested in him, he told me that he was gay. So, several months later, when Carl asked for my number, it didn't seen like a dishonest thing to do. After all he was gay, so it shouldn't matter to the boyfriend He didn't call me for several months, but when he did, it was apparent that he was definitely not gay.
23. Most of my closest friends have been men. In my teen years this was due to how competitive and catty a lot of girls were. Though there were a few really good female friends in my life that did not fit that desc
24. My favorite artist is Monica Sjoo. Her artwork is amazing and tells a story of female strength.
25. Some of my artwork has necked women in them, this is not due to a sexual interest in women. Usually the women in my art are painted as part of nature. Like women, the earth gives us life.
26. Pregnant women are beautiful. The fact that we have the gift of being capable of bringing life into this world is something that we should rejoice in.
27. All three of my children were breast fed for the first year.
28. My first child was given formula first due my difficulties in childbirth. Everything is a blur to me because of all of the drugs given to me, but my husband says that they filled up two buckets of blood from my hemorrhaging . Most likely the hemorrhaging was caused by my daughters large size. She was 10 pounds and 4 ounces at birth. After me getting well, my daughter was able to breastfeed.
29. My college experience was spent trying to maintain a family as a single mother and working 40 plus hours a week. Yet at graduation my GPA was a 3.8. For me, this is an accomplishment to be proud of.
30. The property that my mother lives on was once mine. She wanted to buy it, but it just didn't seem right to sale something to my mother. So, it was given to her instead.
31. One of my best friends is a man that is HIV positive. He hasn't spoken to me in a while and a mutual friend told me that he is very sick, which explains why he has not answered the phone. He's living in another state and it's not financially possible for me to visit him.
32. My biggest strength is my ability to find happiness and strength in spite of any chaos that may arise in my life.
33. My favorite director is David Lynch. His movies are a work of art.
34. The strongest woman in my life is a Lakota elder that has been a great friend. My family regularly attends sweat lodges at her ranch.
35. My friends often suggest for me to be more tactful and less blunt. My tendency to be blunt has caused me hurt the feelings of other.
36. Though my marriage works out well, because of 35. Both of us have this issue and it actually works for us. Since we both do not beat around the bush or leave hints about the way we feel, we actually get along better than any other relationship in my dating life.
37. My least favorite vegetable is peas. In my childhood someone once tried to make me eat a bowl of split pea soup. After 3 hours of me being stubbern, they were finely thrown in the trash.
38. My children dislike fast food. One time someone tried to take them to McDonalds as a treat and they started to cry. They were raised by me to like real food.
39. Out of choice there were not any televisions in my home for five years. Too many parents use the television as a babysitter.
40. My biological father died five years ago of sirosis of the liver. He was an alcoholic
41. The man that was really my dad died in July of Cancer
42. The relationship with by biological father was not like a father daughter relationship. We did not meet until around my 13th birthday. Our relationship was like that of two good friends. He married a woman that is only 7 years older than me and we are close friends. We talk on the phone atleast once a week.
43. Both of my fathers walked me down the isle at my first wedding. It would have been hurtful to deny it to my biological father, yet the man that was always Dad to me deserved it. So, they happily shared the honor.
44. My first name is Angela
45. My tubes were tied at age 26, because my second husband was 41 at the time and had two older children of his own, which made us having five altogether. The marriage only lasted two years. This is a big regret, because it would be wonderful to have another child.
46. My sister inlaw died of cancer last year. Her six year old son is coming to live with us in a few weeks. Originally it was suppose to be June, but the date got moved up.
47. Many people have mistakenly thought of me as shy due to my quiet voice. Though, those that really know me, know differently.
48. One of my assets is being a good listener.
49. Every one of my jobs have ended with a good reference. My dad always told me not to burn any bridges. He was so right.
50. My dream home is a 1920's farm house on 10 plus acres of land. We recently almost began buying one, but it was too difficult to get a loan for it. So, we chose another home to buy. We should be closing on the house this week.
51. My choice for president in 2012 is Ron Paul. He shares a lot of my political beliefs and is a big supporter in home education.
52. Texas is a great state to live in, except for some of the bigots. Racism is one of the biggest things that annoy me.
53. My third child was conceived outside between two oak trees.
54. My addictions are coffee and cigarettes.
55. We don't use any history books in our home education. History books are filled with lies and are usually one sided. My children are taught all sides of the story and are left to create their own opinions on the events.
56. My hair is red and almost down to my waist.
57. My eyes are green, but sometimes they look bluish.
58. Being amongst nature is most peaceful to me.
59. Meditation is important to my sanity. Praying is asking, but meditation is listening.
60. My mother is still living and is still taken care of by me. She has trouble paying her bills occasionally and her cell phone is paid by me.
61. There have been many people in my life that taught me how to find strength in a chaotic world. The man that I called Dad was one of those.
62. My father didn't agree with my views on monogamy. He believed in polygamy. No, he was not Mormon. He was more of a hippie. He once asked me, "Would you be upset if someone took a bit of your food? You see it still tastes the same whether someone partakes in it or not." My response was that it depended on whether they used my fork or not. Despite our differences, we always were very close.
63. My first sexual experience was at the age of 13 and he was 19. We dated for a year. The relationship ended when he moved away to college.
64. Ok, being stumped, my children were asked and this is what my 16 year old daughter says, "she cares about her kids and makes sure they know. she cares about societies youth because she is always taking in other kids with problems"
65. My typical way of dressing is one of comfort. Comfy flowing skirts are the best.
66. My two oldest children have had mohawks and crazy hair colors with no protest from me. My 16 year old daughter is growing out her hair, but just a few months ago she was sporting 12 inch liberty spikes. Obviously, we are not the typical homeschool family.
67. My children are allowed to watch South Park.
68. My preference is to be nude, but society says that it is inappropriate.
69. My favorite colors are red, purple, and gold.
70. My favorite thing to do at Pagan festivals is to drum or belly dance around the fire.
71. My children have never been in a Christian church.
72. Talking with people older with more life experience is enjoyable. Sometimes you can hear some amazing stories.
73. There is something to learn from children that are considered special. Many of them are the most happy and loving people that you will meet, yet the are considered to have problems.
74. Vane women and men are an annoyance to me.
75. There is a difference between being nude and getting necked. A few years ago a friend convinced me to take part in a wet tee shirt contest. Though nudity is not uncommon to me, the experience was not comfortable to me. Being nude in a community of others that are nudists is quite different than being a necked spectacle in a crowd of clothed people.
76. My good friend had a nude wedding. She made me her matron of honor.
77. My children have not been taught to be inhibited or ashamed of their bodies, yet they have been taught the importance of functioning within societies restrictions.
78. My children have been raised to be individuals and to be true to themselves.
79. Though my voice is typically quiet, speaking on stage is not difficult to me. For some reason it helps. Because of focusing on making my voice loud enough for everyone to hear me, I become less nervous.
80. My father taught me how to be a good public speaker. An instructor once told me to look at the tops of peoples heads, my father said that no, you should make as much eye contact as possible. This way if they know that you are going to look at them, they will stay alert. He was correct.
81. There is something to be appreciated about music created by blacks in the early years. Despite the racist tonal of the times, they made sacrifices that sometimes were life threatening to get their music out there.
82. For me, picking a favorite music genre is difficult. Though, most music on the radio is monotonous and there is not much originality in it. Most of the great music artists are either from the past or are not considered radio station worthy. Some newer artists that are great but obviously not radio worthy are Tom Waites, Bjork, and Candy Kane.
83. My husband is my opposite in many ways. He has no piercings or tattoos. There are five tattoos on my body and my nipples and belly button are pierced.
84. My great great grandmother migrated from Ireland, my biological father came from German roots, My grandmother from my mothers side has a lot of black dutch, and my grandfather on on my mothers side as a bit of Apache. All of these things make me a typical American mutt.
85. My dream is to write a book one day. Every time an idea comes into my head there ends up being a book with a similar story line. It seems that it is difficult to come up with an original idea these days.
86. My preference in men has always been geared to big and tall, but not obese. Also, the ability for them to have an intellectual discussion is an importance.
87. Diamonds are not always a girls best friend. They are not my preferred stone. My wedding ring is made up of sapphires and garnet. Sapphire is my birthstone and garnet is my husbands.
88. It is a rare occasion that anyone sees me with make up on. My skin is healthy and often people are surprised by my age. Last week someone guessed my age at 25. September 4th of this year my age will be 36.
89. Freedom of speech is important and sensorship is wrong.
90. The constitution of the United States was meant to be literal.
91. It is sad that many women in the United States can not say what the 19th amendment is. My children can quote all of the amendments and their meaning, even my 10 year old daughter.
92. My tendency to get bored easily will most likely make me walk away from EP after a while.
93. My bedroom is almost like an alter or temple. There are various crystals,candles, and art of a spiritual nature. Also, it always smells of sage and insence.
94. Being in large groups sometimes makes me uncomfortable.
95. Throughout life my attraction toward men has been geared toward those that contain a lot of opposites. My ex was covered in tattoos, yet he wrote beautiful poetry, was reserved, and soft spoken. My husband has no tattoo's or piercings. When we met, he was this preppy guy with a punk rock attitude. He stood out among his fellow punk friends.
96. My first french kiss was at the age of 11. The guy was 16 and he was told that my age was 14. When he found out that my age was 11, He never spoke to me again. His name will not be forgotten though because it was a funny name. His last name was Manrod.
97. For me it would be easy to leave a man if he got violent, because of my high level of self respect.
98. My food weakness is any type of starchy food. Spinach pasta tossed with fresh tomatoes, garlic and basil sounds delicious to me.
99. My husband works out of town and is only home on the weekends. This is actually good for our relationship. We talk a lot more and when we have sex there is more passion. We actually enjoy the time we have together, because we don't take it for granted.
100. It is difficult for me to sleep at night and insomnia led me to EP. EP is quite interesting, because it is anonymous. So people put things that they would not typically share on sights such as Facebook where their real name is included.
Here is my attempt at making another list without using the word I anywhere. I thought it would fun and challenging.