Thanksgiving is the only major holiday I celebrate (besides Valentine's Day)..for me , it's like Christmas, Easter , and Halloween all rolled into one...this holiday is about being thankful for what you have..not commiserating over what you don't. It's about thanking God and thanking others in your life for all the things you may not realize you have until you stop and think about it......I wish every one of you the best of Thanksgivings..and although I will not be participating, the very best of the Christmas holidays..
To commemorate this first Thanksgiving after my marriage dissolved, I would like to list 10 things I am grateful for:
Ten Things I am Grateful for This Year
- First and foremost, as always..I am thankful for my savior Jesus Christ..who gave his life for me...a sinner....
- In these times of economic stress, I'm thankful I have a job...I know, I know...I ***** and moan about my hours and my hips hurting..but I know how lucky I am to have a job that I am secure in, barring an actual store closing (not out of the realm of possibility)
- Recently, I have made the aquaintance of two very special people...KM...QOA....I love you , both....and am very grateful to have been befriended by the both of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (You know I love you, chica!!!!!!)
- I am so very grateful for my EPeep lover. He is so very much more than a lover..he is the very best friend I've ever had..which is how our relationship started...I love you, baby..and am soooooo grateful that you reached out to me..you are the major reason I can hold things together!!!!
- Believe it or not , I am grateful for my hubby...he may be an emotionally withdrawn ***, but at least he's a decent emotionally withdrawn ***!!!!!! He could make life much worse on me..or course the reverse is true, too..lol!!!!!!!
- I must give credit to my oldest son for being my staunchest supporter and trusted ally...I love him so very much...he has proven himself to me over and over..he's such a great man!! To be truthful, he feels more like my trusted brother than my son..we are only 17 years apart in age, and my parents raised us both..He is the one person who would walk through fire for me..I love him to distraction!!! I am so thankful for you, baby!!
- It took a while to get here, but I decided to be thankful for my marriage ending. It has been a horrific ride to get to this point....but the reality has finally sunken in...my husband will never put me first....ever...that being the case...I am anxious to begin my search anew..I don't know if I'll find the love I crave..but I have no choice..the urge to search permeates my very soul...
- I am so thankful for discovering the wonder that is EP...at times , I have cursed it...but in the end, I think it's much better that I have people I respect, to talk to...I must admit to being an epholic lol lol!!!!!
- I'm so thankful that I've had very few physical illnesses this year. That is an expense that is grievously out of my reach!!! I can not afford take time off work, or a doctor, or the meds they will undoutedly prescribe. Illness is not an option!!!!
- Lastly, I am thankful to my heavenly father for building us this beautiful world...the laws of science, the logic of math, the exquisite splendor of nature!!!!!!!!!!!!