Friendship Disclaimer, Read Carefully
I think EP is a great place to swap stories and make friends. With that thought in mind, I like to come here to meet new people and share experiences. It's a great way to vent, get feedback, and learn new things. I can get along with just about anyone and some of the perspectives I have encountered here, have changed the way I view the world.
I am more than happy to add new people to my circle but there should be some understanding between us first. So, if you are truly interested in starting a friendship read on:
1. I love my Christian God. I can respect it if you follow some other faith. I can understand it, if you question your own faith. I will have and intelligent, respectful conversation with you on faith, if you choose. We can debate; but do not force your views on me, and I will not force my views on you. Above all, do not try to force your atheist views upon me. I have had that conversation. Your logic will never shatter my faith, so don't waste your time.
2. I am here to make friends only. I am not interested in hooking up. Yeah, I know sometimes people on here make a connection and get together but that's not my intention. There are much better websites available for that sort of thing, so if that is what you are after, maybe you should go there first.
3. I have an active "freak filter". If I discover that you are some kind of pervert, saddist, or are otherwise involved in behavior that would be socially unacceptable in public; you are out.
4. I am not out to collect friends. I really don't give a damn how many people are in my circle. So, if you are the kind of person that just wants to add me to your riddiculously long list of friends you could never possibly interact with; leave me out of it. I'm not interested in being another trophy.
5. I reserve the right to clean up my circle as I see fit. Basically, if you do not make any effort to interact with me periodically, I will delete you. If you have not been seen in months, I will delete you. If you get caught in my "freak filter," I will delete you.
I make it a point to look over a person's profile before I add them to my circle. I would hope that you would do the same. That way we can both save ourselves a lot of wasted effort.
One last thing. No offense to anyone who is new to EP but I am always slow to add a new person into my circle. It isn't that I don't want to welcome you, or be helpful. It's just that many new people don't stick around for long. There's no point in cluttering up my circle with "empty" profiles. In my opinion, if being on EP is really something you're interested in, then put up a unique profile picture. No one with a generic avatar will ever get a response from me.