8 Things About Me ...1. My Name means something: I'm "MrViking" because I secretly wish that I was a Viking warlord pillaging coastal villages. Don't judge me ... I'm wired for conquest.
2. I am complicated: I can face danger and crisis decisively and calmly. I get hurt easily, but not permanently by the people I love. I'm confident, but insecure.
3. Why I'm Here: I've concentrated so hard on succeeding at the first part of my life (raising a family) I feel completely lost now that I am here. The future is suddenly a fog. I'm not used to that.
4. Why I'm Here (part 2): I miss a very, very dear friend who is coping with her own major crisis right now.
5. Travel: I travel within the U.S. and around the world extensively. I've literally been around the world twice.
6. Sympathetic: I was raised by an angry, aggressive father who terrified me until I was 16. I know what it's like to live in fear. I've also grown up and lived life around some really strong women, and I'm drawn to their company. I loath abuse in all it's forms.
7. Style: I'm generally serious but my associates would tell you that I have a good sense of humor. I'm generally optimistic, but this year has thrown me into an emotional upheaval that I'm still trying to grapple with.
8. Affection: I treasure affection, touching, and tenderness. I have almost always felt and intense loneliness (even though surrounded by people).