Ok, Here Are My Answers
I always fall for little memes like this, so here goes. Let's see how far I get:
1.How old were you when you got your first real kiss?
High school, must have been about 17 or so. My first girlfriend, who was very outgoing, simply kissed me pretty impulsively. To this day, I still remember that kiss as if it happened yesterday. I went off to college, and never saw her again. But one wonders. . .
2. How do you flush the toilet in public?
Pull on the handle (is there any other way?). I do wash my hands afterwards. I have been known to use my foot if it is low enough.
3. Do you wear your seatbelt in the car?
Absolutely, positively yes.
4. What name would you like to have?
I like my name ok, but my parents had a quirky sense of humor (to put it mildly) and named all their sons with the same first name. Kind of like a George Foreman thing, which I do find annoying. Like at times I want to ask them, "what the **** where you thinking?"
5. Name one thing that you start to get tense about if you are close to running out of:
Hmm, pizza probably. I am pretty easy. Something runs out, run to the store and get some more. Also bagels, since I eat them for breakfast.
6. What famous person do you (or other people) think you resemble?
This may be embarrassing to some, but I was told once I looked like, and I quote, "that old guy from ****." He was referring to Ron Jeremy. I am thinking that might not be a bad thing, or too bad, haha.
7. What is your passion in life?
Reading and writing, followed by taking road trips.
8. Finish this sentence: In 5 years from now, I will:
Hopefully be settled down in a job and a place I want to live. I am someone who has moved quite a bit, usually to find a better job. To be honest, not sure I will be where I am at for 5 years, but would be like to stay put once and for all.
9. Do you crack your knuckles?
10. 10. What song do you hate the most when it gets stuck in your head?
Probably "Don't worry be happy."
11. Did just mentioning that song make it get stuck in your head?
12. What are your super powers?
I am a librarian. I am a master of information systems and human/computer interactions. I am also pretty good with people.
13.What is your favorite EP Group?
Not sure. I have not been here long enough. I will have to get back to you on that.
14. Where are your car keys?
In my pants pockets. If the pants went in the wash, then on my dresser. Believe me, my keys are not getting lost.
15. Who's answers to this survey do you want to hear the most?
Who knows? Answer it and let me know if it moves you. I am always curious.
16. What is your most annoying habit?
Hmm, not sure. Not that I am perfect, just can't think of anything.
17.Where did you last go on vacation?
What is this vacation thing you speak of? Been a while, but last time was Memphis.
18. If you could punch one person in the nose and get away with it, who would it be?
Just one? George Bush, **** Cheney, the Pope (yea, I have some issues with the Catholic Church), the bastards at airport security (TSA, for slowing me down), the CEO's of airlines for pretty much running their companies like cattle cars. I could go on with this question to be honest.
19. What is your best physical feature?
Hmm, probably the eyes as well.
20. What is the worst car you've ever owned?
Have not owned that many cars. And I have been lucky. So far, the few I have had worked pretty good.
21. What 3 things can always be found in your refrigerator?
Milk, cheese spread (for my bagels), leftovers.
22. What superstition do you believe/practice?
Not sure I believe it, but I knock on wood quite a bit.
25. Do you talk on your cell phone when you drive?
No, and I find annoying people who do. I have had one close encounter too many with morons who are on the phone instead of paying attention to the road (and if this makes you mad, too bad. You put my life at risk for your "oh so important phone call, which can probably wait," go eff yourself).
26. What is your favorite word?
Hmm, **** may be one of them along with pendejo. I am fluent in Spanish, so cursing in the language comes naturally, especially for pendejos who talk on cellphones while driving (see previous question).
27. What song(s) do you sing most often?
A bit of this and a bit of that. Not sure I can make a simple list. They are mostly 80s songs. This really depends on my mood.
28. If you could go back or forward in time would you and where would you go?
Back to my senior year. Had I known then what I knew now, I would have likely still gone to the same college, but entered the major I ended up choosing (teaching) right away. Oh, and I would have told that girl I did love her. I was too shy to tell her.
29. What is your favorite movie?
The Godfather. Also like the original Star Wars trilogy (why Lucas insists on ruining the legacy of those early good films is beyond me. It's like Leonardo DaVinci still mucking with the Mona Lisa).
30. What CD is in your car stereo?
Sorry, my car is so old (how old is it?). . .my car is so old it does not have a CD pla
31. What OCD qualities do you have?
Again, I am a librarian. We like to organize things. At least, I am not a cataloguer. Those people are really OCD haha.
32. How many kids do you plan on having?
If I could actually plan, none.
33. If you could kiss anyone famous who would it be?
Just one? There are a few famous women I would not mind, but they are not the usual actresses or models. They work in news or are writers. I like women who are more than their looks.
34. Would you really want to kiss someone you didn't know?
Why the heck would I want to do that?
36. What do you do when no one is watching?
Look at ****? I don't know. I am not really different when someone is not watching.
37. How would you like to die?
In the saddle, as the saying goes, would be nice. But I think in the end, just in some peaceful way.
38. How would you hate to die?
Alzheimer's or some similar disease where I lost my mind and forgot those I loved. I always said if I ever got diagnosed with something like that, I am calling Dr. Kervorkian. I would hate to die without dignity, so I would prefer to end it early while I had a chance.
39. What candy can't you live without?
I am not big on candy and sweets. I like a little chocolate and jelly beans (not together), but could do without.
40. Favorite fantasy?
A ********* with two women. Yes, I know, that sounds cliched. But I would want one where all parties actually cared for each other, an affectionate thing rather than just a one time stand kind of thing. If we could start with a nice dinner, some vino, some nice conversation eventually leading to the bedroom, very much better.
41. Favorite musicians you've seen in concert?
42. What's on your computer desktop?
The default thing that came with the computer. However, for the computer at work, I have a librarianship related logo with the motto "Sapere Aude" (latin for "Dare to know.")
43. What's the last book you read?
Batman: Snow (graphic novel)
44. If you could own any animal as a pet, what would it be?
Cat. Again, I am a librarian; I would be remiss if I did not own a cat.
45. Have you ever caught your parents having sex?
Nope. To this day, I had no idea how they had it. I know they did. I mean, I am here as are my siblings. But never caught a peep so to speak.
46. How did you find out Santa wasn't real?
No idea. It was just so gradual that we simply knew Santa was "not real," my parents knew we knew, and it was not spoken of. Hey, I still believe and even track Santa on that NORAD site every Christmas.
47. If you could meet any EP peep,who would it be?
Not sure. Again, I have not been here long enough. Some of the people answering this survey could be a start.
48. If you could meet anyone in real life, who would it be?
Gabriel Garcia Marquez. Paulo Coehlo. The Dalai Lama. A few others.
49. What was your worst job ever?
A certain taco fast food joint. Not that working fast food was bad; I worked for Mickey D's a while. Just the people I had to work with at taco place were, literally, rude ******** (pardon the language. How they stayed in business with their bad attitudes is beyond me).
50. Any last words?
Do you want to live forever?