I Am In Need Of Some Help.

When i was in the 6th grade, i spent the night at a friends house, and her older brother molested me, he was 18. he told me that i was "too ugly to ****." I am too ashamed to tell anyone, but i know i need help. I see his face in my dreams, and even when I'm intimate with my boyfriend. I can't forgive the person who did this to me, but i don't know what to do with all this anger and pain.
KaylaAnn KaylaAnn
18-21, F
2 Responses Jul 20, 2010

I would agree with the poster above that the symptoms you are experiencing is related to PTSD. I realize this was posted some time ago and I am wondering if you ever got help and how you are doing now, As someone who has experience alot of abuse, I can understand what you are going through, though no one can really know exactly how you feel because they are not you. Anyway, if you still have times that you need to talk feel free to contact me.

I'm sorry for your troubles! If I had to put a name to what you're going through, I'd call it post traumatic stress disorder. <br />
<br />
If you don't mind my saying, you need to see a therapist. There's a world of good that can come from it. Just start with your county's health department, they can recommend therapists for you. You don't have to tell them what your problem is, just ask for a list of mental health therapists. A lot of the ones the county health department recommends will be less expensive, too, but still highly trained.