I Was Raped By My Stepdad

Since i was 10 years old, my step-father has often raped me. the first time i tried to tell my mom about it, she told me that i was lying, that all i was doing was trying to run off another one of her boyfriends, both my parents would often beat us black and blue. When I as 12 years old my mom married him and had him adpot us. i was scared out of my mind, so i tried telling my mom about the rape again and she said, "if you ever say that again, i will rip your teeth out one by one, until you learn your lesson. So I learned to keep my mouth quiet, and put on an act for everyone, my mom made me play as daddys little girl, so know one would suspect anything. and as the years went on i learned how to play it off more and more. i was so afraid to tell anyone growing up because if my mom didnt believe me, who would, or at least thats what i thought. When i was 18 i found out i was pregnant with his child. i didnt believe in abortion and i didnt have the heart to give my son away to some stranger, so i kept him. Hes been a blessing, without him i dont think i would have had the courage to get out of that house. My husband and i have been together since i was 2 months pregnant, and hes loves my son as if he were his own, no one really knows my situation cause im afraid of how people will react, my husband knows and he still loves us just the same. I want my stepdad and mom behind bars for what they did, but im to scared that everyone will find out and turn their backs on me and treat us differently. Is there a way i can put them behind bars without the whole world finding out     
firepanda firepanda
22-25, F
16 Responses Aug 14, 2011

I understand. My mothers boyfriend raped me when I was 15 till I left when I was 16. I didn't get pregnant, but I told my mother who looked me dead in the eye and said "I don't believe you and if I did it wasn't rape you wanted it like the ***** you are." She married the man 2 months later and has 2 kids by him. I told the police but nothing came of it. She tried to contact me later when I was 23 and pregnant with my first child by my husband and all she kept saying was "I believe you baby. Your my princess." I told her I can't deal with this right now and she decided to go back to him BC he said he found the lord... Well how I see it if he found the lord he would abmit what he did to me. All I know is I'm happy and loved by people who matter and believe me and I will always have my children's backs. I don't know you but you are strong and you can get through this. And thank you for sharing your story.

Most states have removed the statue of limitations on rape... if the police won't help you reach out to NOW...or the ACLU

I agree with you but they have to be judge and must pay for the way they treated you and I would NEVER treat you different its ok it happens to people and the people who do it MUST pay

Please report them before they hurt someone else!!!

Your mother knows you are not lying. She pretended not to believe so she could stay.

I'm serious here but, you can have the step dad beat up people often under rate revenge because of movies but seeing it will make u feel better.

I've tried going to the cops and lawyers but neither seem to want to help. They say I should have spoke up sooner

It is scary knowing that the only way to put someone behind bars s to tell the truth. I'm a victim of physical and sexual abuse but sometimes its the only way. Your mom doesn't believe you but everyone else will, the more people that know, the more of a chance you have of putting him behind bars. Stay strong

i was raped by my mother, at the age of 13-14, as a kid who was raped u can make an anonymous case. u can speak to lawyers for the technical details

You ask for it to anonymous. Because your right. Your step dad raped you he WILL be going to jail. And you have proof that he has. Your baby is his, and you can rub it in your moms faces too that you were right. Even though your mom didn't not believe everyone else in this world will. I don't even know who you are, and I believe that your stepdad raped you for years. You need to tell police so they can still help you. Just because it happened awhile ago doesn't make it anymore right for him to do what he had done. The court will bring him to justice and you will get what you deserve. A happy ending.

tell the police, no one will find out, those that do will support you.

My son is now 4 years old.. im not ok at the moment b/c no cop will help me with my case so i live in fear everyday b/c im so worried my step father will come after me again

You must not let him have power over you anymore! Forget the police for now honey and get legal aid. Look it up on the net. Don't give up for you or your son and marriage's sake! You can absolutely do this a well as sue them for court costs and damages caused!

please don't be afraid. I was for way to long. you need to deal with this head on. you will finally need closure. it won't be easy they will try to emotionally exploit you. but u can finally put this to bed. And it could be a really be a good lesson for your son. to always have faith & to stand up for yourself.

additionally if u are week to take action just concentrate on the anger & disappointment u have for them. when normal parents get their kids toys and presents and love. your mother turned a blind eye and let her husband rape u. a man by the way who is supposed to be a father figure to u. trust me when u see those scumbags in that orange jumpsuit being dragged away in chains. you will.. ( Please don't be mad at me for judging your past. I just want to see you move on like i have. I know its difficult)

Don't let the abuser continue to abuse you.... forget the police, got to the District Attorneys office in your town or county... file the complaint there.. especially if the abuser has friends at the police level.

1 More Response

i hope your okay now and how old is ur son now

Tell the cops but it's to late rape only can tell within 5 years of the rape

Depends on the jurisdiction-some states do not have a statute of limitations on child sexual abuse. The UK and Canada have no statute of limitations.

Just tell the police! Your mom and dad will be behind bars and almost no one will find out.

yes! tell the police. girl don't worry i know how u feel. the only thing u should be happy for is that u found someone that love u and will take care of ur son:'(

yup...report it to the police and with a dna test he will go to jail