How My Parents Punished Me
I grew up in the 1970's when spankings were a common occurrence in many homes and mine was no exception. My parents were very strict and spanking was their main form of punishment and though the spankings were pretty harsh I was never punished without deserving it and I never felt abused or resentful towards my parents. In fact I was usually mad at myself for having disobeyed them.
My parents believed spanking wasn't really for little kids but more appropriate for older children "that should know better". So spanking really started from when I turned 10 until I was 16 although I was told that spanking would resume if necessary. Most of my spankings were during 7th thru 9th grades.
Some of the things I was punished for were lying, defiance, not doing my chores or homework, somtimes grades, going somewhere or having something that was forbidden. Backtalking or arguing with my parents was also a frequent reason for punishment.
My father traveled often on business so the job of spanking me was mainly my mother's. Probably 80% were given by her with the other 20% given by my father with mom "assisting". Spanking was done with a leather belt just for this purpose they kept in the hall linen closet for easy access when it was needed.
My spankings were not a "go to your room and wait" event or were they just a few slaps on the bottom. They were a complete spectacle. They were always given "on the spot" and came with little or no warning and without regard to who else might have be present.
A typical spanking started with me being marched/dragged to my room. Panic-stricken, I'd desperately try to talk my way out of what was about to happen while at the same time struggling to keep my clothes from being removed. But being a small child for my age, I was no match for either of my parents in a physical contest. Struggling only slightly delayed the undressing and made them even madder than they were already but I just couldn't help doing it.
My parents were never concerned with "children's modesty" nor did they make any effort to close curtains or windows beforehand. All of this made for a very embarassing situation.
The actual whipping came fast and furious. I was sometimes spanked standing up being held by one arm or my mother would make me bend over the edge of my bed and hold my wrists together behind my back. I would be hit with the belt at least several dozen times across my rearend and the backs of my legs while I struggled to get away. If I did manage to get free and roll over onto my back the spanking continued with my legs lifted in the air.
Unfortunately, I was never able to take my punishment with any amount of bravery. My behavior during a spanking was quite childish. From the moment I knew I was getting a spanking I cried, screamed, begged, pleaded and promised to be good. Again, I just couldn't help it.
Of course, after the spanking was over and I was released I would jump up off the bed and begin rubbing my stinging butt and legs still bawling uncontrollably. I knew the pattern of red overlapping belt marks would certainly last several days.
Later I'd lie on my bed still crying into my pillow. My mind would be full of different emotions. Guilt for having disobeyed my parents, and embarassment thinking about who witnessed my punishment or who might have overheard it.
Spankings have always been a source of fascination for me as a child and as an adult. I witnessed friends getting spanked on several occaisions and wanted to know more about how other kids spankings compared to mine but I was really much too embarassed about the subject to ever discuss it with them. Which obviously is why I'm here.
So did anyone else have parents like mine?