Emotional Manipulators1. There is no use in trying to be honest with an emotional manipulator. You make a statement and it will be turned around. Example: "Im upset that you LIED about me" Response: "am really upset that you cant see past this lie i made up about you and remember the fact that we're besties. Please dont ruin this for me."
2. An emotional manipulator is the picture of a willing helper. If you ask them to do something they will almost always agree - that is IF they didn’t volunteer to do it first. Then when you say, "ok thanks" - they make a bunch of heavy sighs. Example: " *sighs* I didnt know that when i apologized for being ******* meant i couldnt be an ******* again"
3. Crazy making - saying one thing and later assuring you they did not say it.If you find yourself in a relationship where you figure you should start keeping a log of what’s been said because you are beginning to question your own sanity --You are experiencing emotional manipulation. Example: "U totally told her i was all jelly." Response: " i didnt say that. Ok, i said it at first but, not recently!"
4. Guilt. Emotional manipulators are excellent guilt mongers. They can make you feel guilty for speaking up or not speaking up, for being emotional or not being emotional enough, for giving and caring, or for not giving and caring enough. Any thing is fair game and open to guilt with an emotional manipulator. <----self explanatory
5. Emotional manipulators fight dirty. They don’t deal with things directly. They will talk around behind your back and eventually put others in the position of telling you what they would not say themselves. They are passive aggressive, meaning they find subtle ways of letting you know they are not happy little campers. <------***** move
6. If you have a headache an emotional manipulator will have a brain tumor! No matter what your situation is the emotional manipulator has probably been there or is there now - but only ten times worse. Example: "i just found out i have cancer" Response: " well, your cancer is making my bi polar disorder act up"
7. Emotional manipulators somehow have the ability to impact the emotional climate of those around them. When an emotional manipulator is sad or angry the very room thrums with it. <--------because god forbid anything is said or done without their approval
8. Emotional manipulators have no sense of accountability. They take no responsibility for themselves or their behavior - it is always about what everyone else has "done to them". Example: "Dude, why did you say that?" Response: " ohhh i was all drunk and high and ****. you know, hahahahaz. You're no fun anymore buhg."
*Disclaimer: If you or anyone else you know suffers from such disgusting attributes please seek help and/or cut them out of your life completely.